Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was rear ended a few weeks ago in Tempe, so I am parting out the car or buy whole.

New Revolt 8 amp battery pack

Potenza tires with 5-7k

Trim and Skirts in good condition

Interior parts good

New Car battery

The car is currently parked in my garage, the car still starts and shifts into gear. I do not know the actual integrity of the motor, transmission still good. I have the car listed in Craigslist and located Northwest Tucson.

Silver, manual, 260k.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Such awful news. I guess you are out of the game or you would have kept the car as your parts car. Happy Trails. We'll always have a chair at the table for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such awful news. I guess you are out of the game or you would have kept the car as your parts car. Happy Trails. We'll always have a chair at the table for you.
Well, the Insight was probably the most reliable car that I have driven. From Fishing in California, 250 mile daily commute to random trips and it ran like a champ. Little bummed about the car but I figured there's someone out there who would appreciate the parts to get their car running like new again.

I bought the car in California, my wife and I drove all night to meet the owner and back to Tucson before the following morning (it was worth the trip). I put on approximately 140k miles for work, it was unfortunate that I was hit by a person who was probably texting while driving.

FYI, the head rest is a horrible design.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Color and mileage are sometimes very important. Does the transmission downshift into 2nd without grinding?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Color and mileage are sometimes very important. Does the transmission downshift into 2nd without grinding?
Silver, 260K. as I had mentioned, I do not know the integrity of the motor, but the transmission is good. from what I understand, the 1st gen has issues with grinding when downshifting, so yes, it does grind.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Interested in a few parts. PM sent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts