Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a '00 w/ 165K on it, manual transm. and very solid car. The AC works, but not very cold and I was told that was the norm for these AC units. Is that true? Obviously, I'll get freon level cked, but curious about truth.
I assume a car if runs fairly well w/ good battery, is worth $1250 compared to what I've seen out there.
Interested in comments from others that know better than I.
Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
558 Posts
Price seems fair from what you've told us, check the buyers tips threads and for stuff to check on the car for potential problems and such.

My AC has been used for maybe 2 minutes in 2 years so I can't comment reliably on that part.

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
As above. Insight AC works great. It probably just needs a little squirt of freon.

Sam

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've noticed in mine, not sure if this is universal or not. If you use the "auto" AC it cools a lot better and the fan runs faster. If I use Eco mode It isn't as cold and I can't get that extra top speed out of the fan.

That may be normal or it may not be. I have only experienced the AC in my own car.

When the sun is really beating down on the car I use Auto to get it cool, then switch to Eco Mode to maintain temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts