Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
It looks like the listing has been updated. It has 160,000 miles and has a "minor scratch." (pic shows a hole in the body) Seats appear worn as well. Plus it's listed "as is." Don't know about other places, but in Manitoba that means it doesn't have a valid safety inspection and probrably wouldn't pass one. (otherwise it would have one)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Things that seem too good to be true usually are.

And with my standard luck, they always are....

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I ran the carfax. nothing of note, other than the high mileage. Last mileage (162,922) was reported in January of this year when it sold at auction.

This is the highest mileage Insight I've seen. How about anyone else?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
That's the same car I noted going through the auction here:
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=928

Now if anyone really wants to make things messy since they only put the mileage in as 163 rather than 163,000... well. For the miles it actually looks to be in pretty decent shape, might be a car for EV conversion or one to just drive in to the ground cheaply.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___Even at $5,000 Buy It Now, it is a way over priced with those kind of miles …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:wmvk7h6b][email protected][/email:wmvk7h6b]

·
Registered
652 Posts
Rick,
I don't suppose you know what it sold for at aution or who purchased it. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Nope, they aren't allowed to tell. I would imagine not much though since it is as is when anythings over 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks,
I may go take a look if I get a chance just to see how the IMA is working at that many miles. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
700 Posts
Rick Reece said:
Thanks,
I may go take a look if I get a chance just to see how the IMA is working at that many miles. Have fun, Rick
That would be very interesting. Let us know if you do...

·
Registered
1 Posts
35 month old Insight for £4,999.

I bought my 2000 Insight at 35 months old, from a Honda dealer, with 2 years Honda warranty thrown in, 64,000 miles (all by the dealership owner), full service history, in A1 condition for Sterling£4,999. 14 months later it has 87,000 on the clock and is running like a train.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well it looks like someone paid the buy it now price on the Insight with 163K miles. I thought I might make the run to Charlotte today to check it out. Anyway I sent them an email and asked for them to join us on the list as well as report how their IMA was doing.
While I was looking I noticed that their is a 2000 with 370? miles. The dealer has the display on segment and recorded that as the mileage. Someone apparantly corrected him and he has amended the post. Have fun, RIck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts