Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sad that my first post on this awesome forum is of me trying to sell my first and only insight. I purchased over the summer starry eyed and have enjoyed the amazing gas mileage but once the IMA light/CEL came on, I've had to debate over dropping $1+k on a new/reconditioned battery and at this point, i'm leaning towards cutting my losses and sell.

I assume there are loads of you in the Bay area here in Cali that could use a parts car (or maybe you have a spare IMA sitting waiting for a new home?)

Overall, its not bad for 285k. Ive shutoff/disconnected the IMA so its been running/starting on 12v for about two months now. Averaging 49mpg on the gas motor alone. Had it at about 59mpg before the IMA died.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Ill be in the bay area from this Saturday until Tuesday the 1st. Hoping to exchange in that time frame or else it will have to be in February once I return from overseas.

I have pictures on my phone and will reply to this thread below with them.

2000 Honda Insight
5-sp
A/C
285,000 miles
JHMZE1370YT005473
New 12v Battery
Two new O2 sensors (summertime)

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Why does he have to ("bet" your price,) Is this "The Price is Right".
Take a nap Jimmy.

·
Super Moderator
6,877 Posts
I did -2:00 to 3:30. Must be the meds. So, I "bet" he can "get" his price;)

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
It might be because you are using your phone for posting on ICN.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you considered using a grid charger/rebalancing power supply? You can get one for much less than the cost of a new battery and can restore the IMA system in a few days.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
It might be because you are using your phone for posting on ICN.
When visiting ICN on your cell phone you should be able to switch to Desktop View or something with a similar name. You should then be able to see in the pull down Chevron if you have any Private Messages. This would be under your username on the Upper Right Side.

You should also be able to add your location to your profile as Willie and others have suggested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all. Back from 6 weeks away and she started right up.
AND thanks fo to the suggestions and tips but I’m just at the point where my time is better spent on my other projects.
I think it’s better suited for someone else who’s willing to put some time/effort into.

That being said, firm price of $1,000 still stand for anyone that wants to come pick her up.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Still need a Location for that task. Please include that information in your Profile.

Willie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks sweeter than my 2001 blue CVT I put up for the same price a while back... if I get back into the Insight game it would be with a MT like yours.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
780 Posts
If it's still around when I settle into Arizona I'll be very interested. Moving in under a week. It's definitely a sharp looking car for the price unless the pictures make it look better than in person does. Feel free to send me a text sometime about it. 715 three two three 2467

1 - 20 of 22 Posts