Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2000 5-speed Insight with less than 15,000 miles on it for $9,900 at a used-car lot. I haven't been down to test-drive it, but here's the thing that bothers me: According to the VIN number and Honda's records, three recalls on it haven't been performed. Other than that, the CarFax report is clean.

The car was sold by its original owner with 8,000 miles on it. Nearly 7,000 more miles have been put on it. Do you think the fact the recalls haven't been done in so long would be a problem?

Although the basic three-year, 36,000-mile warranty has expired, it's eligible for an extended 7-year, 100,000-mile warranty through Curry Honda Care for about four more months. Do you think it's a good to get one for it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but I haven't had any recalls done on my car and am waiting til I am absolutely sure.... to get the ECM done. The new headlight recall has been a problem I have heard about with several owners who have had their switches replaced befor the recall. So it was a problem. I bought my 2000 at 15000 miles in October 2003 with no recalls done and am very satisfied. I will be glad to be the person to make sure they are done, and done correctly.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi,

Recalls are for the life of the vehicule so it it not too long. You will be able to get them done easily.

For the warrenty, there are treads about it and you could do a search. But here is one:
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=1113

Good luck, seems like a good car.

P.S. I would not wait for the recalls. Honda like any other manufacturer, do not like to make recalls (looks bad and cost a lot of money) and do it when it is absolutly necessary so whatever their reasons, I think that we need to do them as soon as possible. It is usually to save our lives or car parts.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Rwarn17588:

___Yes, the Recall’s are good for the life of the vehicle if the previous owner had them performed or not … After purchase, just take it in. The other great part however is that you are going to pick up an almost brand new 00 Insight 5-speed for less then $10K! Don’t forget to bargain for another $1 - $2K off if possible ;)

___Good Luck and enjoy the new automobile. What a deal!

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:dt1lntth][email protected][/email:dt1lntth]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts