Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wiring nighmare removed, thanks to John, who happens to live near me!

Today the car started throwing a P1162. Will not delete/erase, keeps coming right back on.

One of the newer parts on the car is an OEM replacement NTK/NGK primary O2. (Only has 20kmiles on it)

Could the car being fully catless make the O2 sensors fail prematurely?

I am starting to suspect being catless is the reason my car lacks low throttle input acceleration. Without the backpressure assisting scavenging losses at low throttle, it doesnt accelerate. Ive seen many dyno plots on cars before and after a catless exhaust and non turbo cars actually always lose power in the low end and gain it on top end.

If anyone has a full catted exhaust in good condition ( cheap, and close to Michigan) please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
If you got the code right after fixing the wiring, I would suspect the wiring rather than the sensor. Always go back to the last thing you did! It won't be fun, but check all of the splices you did.

As for the sensor, there are a lot of counterfeit ones being sold. If you were looking for the cheapest one you could find, chances of getting one of those are pretty good.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Well, I put in a request anyways. It doesnt make a difference to me, and Id like to keep everyone happy. (Especially since you all are my lifelines with this car!)

I did discover that the car has a different mcm, ill post those pics, and also the part number of the ECM
Interesting. This is the MCM part of an IMAC&C. Does your OBDII gauge have one or two wires coming out if it?

Sam

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you got the code right after fixing the wiring, I would suspect the wiring rather than the sensor. Always go back to the last thing you did! It won't be fun, but check all of the splices you did.

Sam
Good point. We just redid the ECM power wire (it was literally three pieces soldered in a Z shape) removed all the ground shielding splices, and grounded all the ground wires.

I did remove the primary O2 sensor to take photos for a member on here, and I thought maybe I messed something up there, I just took a look today, seemed like allthe pins were in, wires intact, and connecter snapped properly closed.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Two, one plugs into the obd2 port, the other goes to the little joystick controller.
Wow! You have IMAC&C. Did you know that? I've lost track. Is your IMA working?

Sam

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Good point. We just redid the ECM power wire (it was literally three pieces soldered in a Z shape) removed all the ground shielding splices, and grounded all the ground wires.

I did remove the primary O2 sensor to take photos for a member on here, and I thought maybe I messed something up there, I just took a look today, seemed like allthe pins were in, wires intact, and connecter snapped properly closed.
Are you able to try your O2 sensor on a different car, or try another O2 sensor on your car? I'm just not convinced that your O2 is bad.

Sam

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow! You have IMAC&C. Did you know that? I've lost track. Is your IMA working?

Sam
I did know that, but I dont know the weight of having it. Is there some history to the part?

IMA function has been unchanged for the entire time Ive owned it, seems to work quite well. (Except with the current CEL, it doesnt regen in 3rd gear at all for some reason)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts