Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I have a 2000 Insight, salvage title, Civic front bumper, purchased Nov 2015 with approximately 179,000 miles. I've since installed a grid charger (Feb 2016). I bypassed the hybrid battery in Oct 2016 and have been driving it without a hitch since (I did have to replace the starter, since it was completely seized from not being used). It currently has approximately 184,000 miles and counting. I'm driving it nearly daily. I'm interested in selling so feel free to PM me to discuss or ask any questions. I'm also open to trade for a manual transmission European wagon. Please check my album for pictures. Price without trade would be $2,800 firm. Thanks! Red

UPDATE: As of early June, 2017 I have AC. There was a small leak in the line that was repaired and it's been blowing cold since. We also located a bad wire from fusebox to radiator fan. I've since driven from Cape Girardeau, MO to Omaha, NE and back, averaging 75 mph and approx 46 mpg (100% ICE, battery bypassed), with the AC blowing cold the entire time.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,115 Posts
As needed, "Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done". Then a PRICE and PICTURES would bring a better response.
Not to many people know to get to the "albums".
Good luck on the sale.

Willie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Location and pictures

Thanks Willie for the advice,
I'm located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. The lifetime MPG is just over 51, and I'll attempt to post pictures once I'm on a computer (currently using my phone).

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price or consider trade

I'm currently posting using my phone, so please forgive any omissions. Feel free to PM me additional questions or for pictures/info.
I'm willing to sell for $2,800 or would consider trading for a European wagon with manual transmission.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm not sure the soft market will support that price. I have been offered ones for sale for less money that had all the original body panels, didn't have a salvage title as far as I was aware, didn't need a battery, I just don't see where the value is. The bad battery alone with the higher miles probably drags it down into the 1500ish range

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The battery isn't bad, per se, I just don't like charging it monthly. The grid charger is installed and included. I bypassed the battery, as per instructions on this site, so that it operates like a "normal" car, and I can drive it any distance without thinking about my next outlet. I'm not in a pinch to sell the vehicle, I just always seem to need more space (wife, kids, dogs). Also, I grew up on American muscle manual transmission and graduated to European turbocharged manual so this little tin can with tall gears is frustrating. If anyone has a manual transmission European wagon to trade, please PM me. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes, but they should be reflected in the price along with the several things that make the car less appealing than others. Salvage titles around here at least tend to lower value quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
2000 Silver M/T
1,073 Posts
But they help good batteries from going bad sooner.
sure, but the OP states that he bypassed the IMA so he doesn't have to worry about making it to the next outlet. That's the definition of a bad battery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts