Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what is allowed . but I am thinking of selling mine. I want it to end up with a good owner if I do. Am I allowed to post anything to this affect ?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
640 Posts
I know how tough it is. I sold mine a while back and miss it every time I go for a drive, but it was impractical for me to keep. It went to a good home (a young person on this forum). I know it'll be well cared-for, driven, and enjoyed.

Funny how we treat the mechanical things we love as if they're alive, isn't it?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know how tough it is. I sold mine a while back and miss it every time I go for a drive, but it was impractical for me to keep. It went to a good home (a young person on this forum). I know it'll be well cared-for, driven, and enjoyed.

Funny how we treat the mechanical things we love as if they're alive, isn't it?
I just think these cars as so cool, so unique. I was going to sell my 2014 Corolla and make my 2000 Insight my daily driver , but then a couple months ago I ended up with a serious left knee issue and realized I need an automatic.... and may need one in the future....so yeah... Insurance is really the thing, just wasteful to have to insure all of em when you can only drive one.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
There's a for sale forum section. Scroll towards the bottom of the main page. Be sure to read the requirements for posting first, you'll need pictures and a lot of details and an asking price.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Is the knee issue so bad you cant get it in gear? You can float the gears on these with a little practice so you would only need clutch to start and stop

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You actually don't even need the clutch to stop, you can float it out of gear too. You'd only need the clutch every time you restart, probably not great in the city but out in the country it shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the knee issue so bad you cant get it in gear? You can float the gears on these with a little practice so you would only need clutch to start and stop
My knee is actually better.... I just wonder which way to go... I really love the Insight and did an awesome job working every last bug out of it and putting all the killer 3 cyl stuff on it... I hate to let it go

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
645 Posts
I love my CVT Insight and I'm getting about 57 mpg. I got it because I have a bum left knee. Sell the manual and get a CVT.

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
The purchaser is already a member here. It is a long distance deal and due to schedules they won’t be picking it up until late July.

Scott

Reactions: Edward Dawes

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The CVT isn't terrible. One of the main weaknesses is the flywheel but there's a fix for that. With a leanburn ecu they're not that far off from a manual if you can't drive a manual anymore.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
645 Posts
Plus, you're on the West Coast. I know LA isn't exactly close to Washington State, but find a lean burn ECU and arrange a road trip down to Scott to install for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts