Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow owners I'm looking for some suggestions.

I just had the following done on my 2000 5 speed:

1. Oil change
  2. Air filter replaced
  3. Master brake cylinder replaced

Now the car sounds quite a bit louder and seems to have less power around 2nd gear. It is almost like a throaty growl like I have one of those goofy aftermarket mufflers.

I know I should take it back to the dealership right away but they are far from my house and I won't be able to get there until the weekend.

I'm curious about what I can check in the meantime. Is it possible that they put something back together wrong or caused some damage? Or maybe this is some new problem that I'll need to resolve?

Thanks,
J:confused:

·
7,200 Posts
I'd check your oil.............

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello fellow owners I'm looking for some suggestions.

I just had the following done on my 2000 5 speed:

1. Oil change
  2. Air filter replaced
  3. Master brake cylinder replaced

Now the car sounds quite a bit louder. It is almost like a throaty growl
If the Air filter was replaced, I would make sure the Air box lid is on. If not, ur car will have a throaty sound. Since all of the work was done on the front of the vehicle. Check your oil, and make sure the air box cover is on. If the Air box cover is off you will get a BBbbOOoooWWwwAAAaaa sound when on the gas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the oil...it is fine...but I did find a problem!

Ok friends thanks for the replies. I checked the oil. The mark was halfway between the two dots so I think it is fine.

I did find that the air intake hose (not sure if this is the correct term) that goes into the air filter box was completely disconnected. You can see this in the picture. http://i.imgur.com/OONlJ.jpg

I hooked this back up and test drove it. The car still sounds louder than before all of the maintenance but not as bad.

So now I'm wondering....did the dealership really leave this disconnected or is something else wrong that caused this to pop off? Could I have damaged anything by driving with the car like this? I have only gone 10-15 miles since getting the car back from all of this work.

Should I take it back and make a fuss or what?

Thanks!

·
7,200 Posts
That's on the air cleaner side of the box, so you're fine in that regards.

I'd go back. Leaving something disconnected like that is unacceptable, and assuming your car was level when you checked the oil, being low on oil after an oil change is also unacceptable.

I'd make them go over everything again for peace of mind, but that's up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts