Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 M/T Insight has been vibrating upon accelerating from a stopped position. The rear motor mount was replaced a year or so ago with exact same symptoms preceeding it, so I thought it was another mount gone bad.
The dealer said engine mounts are fine but they think it's the clutch and changed the transmission fluid thinking that may help but it didn't help. The car shifts fine and doesn't seem to have a problem.
They also said my water pump is bad, but they'd have to order the part. When I left the dealer there was a loud whining/whirring noise from the front of the car I had not noticed before.
Could the dealer have done anything when changing transmission fluid to cause this whining? Can there be a connection between the whining noise and the vibration?

My clutch works fine and before I shell out 2K for a new clutch/flywheel and $600 for a new water pump I'd like to rule out less expensive problems. Unfortunately I think the dealers see so few Gen1 Insights to really know them like they used to.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Solution?

Did you ever figure this noise out? Mine is doing it do and the entire clutch being replaced didn't solve anything. I don't think it has a standard power steering fluid setup, which normally makes this noise...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solution to whining noise

Did you ever figure this noise out? Mine is doing it do and the entire clutch being replaced didn't solve anything. I don't think it has a standard power steering fluid setup, which normally makes this noise...[/QUOTE

It was the idler pulley bearing and only cost about $100. Another dealer found the problem after the noise got MUCH worse. Sorry to hear you had to get the clutch replaced only to not fix the problem.

Did you find the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts