Premium Member
193 Posts
Beautiful car!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks........ Both of you.

I'm always amused and annoyed at the folks that come into an auction for a car obviously worth at least several thousand dollars and their high bid is 101.00 or something silly.... Crazy ebayers.......

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Me too. Then if they accidentaly win with their low bid, they never pay up.
I've seen it happen several times.

Guess they watch too much of PAWN STARS.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know why I should of expected anything different, but now I have emails from the buyer saying he never placed the $6k bid.
His last auto bid was 5600 then next thing I knew I got the notice that it sold for 6k and that was his last bid, with no bids in between.

Not sure what happened or how it'll resolve, but good grief.....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info - not even sure how you got to that page.
I need to be more diligent about looking at that info or just stop using freaking Ebay....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres the question I have - to his point I suppose...

What you dont see is the auto bids maybe.

aurabuild(103) $6,000.00 20 Nov 2018 at 8:12:44PM PST
This is an automatic bid (proxy bid) placed by eBay on behalf of the bidder.aurabuild(103) $5,600.00 20 Nov 2018 at 8:12:44PM PST
lovesflsun-half(1536) $5,500.00 21 Nov 2018 at 4:05:29AM PST
This is an automatic bid (proxy bid) placed by eBay on behalf of the bidder.aurabuild(103) $5,100.00 20 Nov 2018 at 8:12:44PM PST

Notice there was no competing bid between his last AUTO bid and the final bid of $6k.
Why would it jump with no competing bid?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got off of the phone with Ebay - bottom line is that someone with access to his account physically made the bid increase to $6k.

Just because there was no competing bid, doesnt mean you cant UP your bid if you want.
He supposed to be calling Ebay himself.

I'm going to give it till Monday so he can be reported as a non paying bidder vs offering to cancel the transaction at his request.
Either way, I'd get my fees back, but would prefer the proper justice be applied if necessary.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Glad you are making a proper report to eBay.
I hate these kind of bidders.
Really screws things up.

That said, congrats on the bids/interest.

What kind of fees would you end up paying if was a good bidder and it sold for $6,000?

Gives me hope for the next customer car I'm selling. (90,000 miles. 5-speed.) I'd be thrilled if it got sold for anything near your top few bids!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very nicely maintained car especially for a 2000.

In your eBay description, you mention sound dampening mods "Vibration dampening added to entire spare tire well, doors and main floor - also added double layer moving blanket under carpet in main floor to help reduce noise. Along with the custom fit blankets in the rear, this ALL makes a huge difference in overall noise comfort in the car."

What did you use for the doors? My 2005 is all original but it'd be nice to make it a bit quieter.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nicely maintained car especially for a 2000.

In your eBay description, you mention sound dampening mods "Vibration dampening added to entire spare tire well, doors and main floor - also added double layer moving blanket under carpet in main floor to help reduce noise. Along with the custom fit blankets in the rear, this ALL makes a huge difference in overall noise comfort in the car."

What did you use for the doors? My 2005 is all original but it'd be nice to make it a bit quieter.
I used this everywhere -

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-Automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543242108&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=noico&psc=1

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's not bad for nationwide exposure.
I might have to consider i
I would argue that if you have a really nice example to put it on Bring A Trailer - $99 listing fee and world wide exposure with people that tend to spend too much money on cars.

They do have a selection process though so its not guaranteed they'll list it.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Just got off of the phone with Ebay -
I'm going to give it till Monday so he can be reported as a non paying bidder vs offering to cancel the transaction at his request.
Either way, I'd get my fees back, but would prefer the proper justice be applied if necessary.
Hope you got your money back from Ebay since you listed it in Ashville Craigslist for $6,249

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-honda-insight-new/6751118995.html

' 2000 Honda Insight - New Battery - Low Miles - $6249 (Boiling Springs SC)

2000 Honda Insight
VIN: JHMZE1376YT004263
condition: excellent
cylinders: 3 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: hybrid
odometer: 110770
paint color: red
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback
**NEW IMA BATTERY**

You are viewing a 2000 Honda Insight Hybrid in excellent condition inside and out with very low miles (111k) - most of these are well over the 200k mile mark at this point in their lives.
I've owned this Insight for about a year and its been completely trouble free. I did perform some needed maintenance as listed below but mechanically I've had zero issues with this Insight.
I cannot offer any perspective on the lifetime MPG as I've only owned the car for a year and did not know the previous owner.
I will, however, offer my perspective. I live in SC and travel approx 25 miles on I-85 to work. The entire route is rolling hills with about 5-15 mins (varies) of stop and go at the end of my commute. I consistently get 50-60mpg on this commute. I've seen as high as 67mpg from work to home.
Auto-off function works as expected in stop and go.

Previous owner installed an Alpine CD Player with satellite and BT modules along with replacement door speakers, small sub and Alpine amp to power the doors and sub.
I have never experienced the second gear grinding typically associated with the manual.
The car runs perfectly.
The interior is near mint. Seats are clean, no tears etc.
AC and Heat work very well.
Power locks and windows work as expected except for the UP control for the passenger window on the left side of the dash. Down works and up/down work on the passenger door just fine.

Here is a list of items replaced or added since I've owned the car -

New BumbleBee IMA Battery with 5 year extended warranty - $3000 total
New 12v battery
New ground straps
New Bridgestone RE92 OEM tires about 6 months old now
Custom hitch - for my bike rack ONLY - not intended for towing anything
Window Tint - highest grade for the most heat block
Door and hatch rubber seal to reduce wind noise - works very well
Vibration dampening added to entire spare tire well, doors and main floor - also added double layer moving blanket under carpet in main floor to help reduce noise. Along with the custom fit blankets in the rear, this ALL makes a huge difference in overall noise comfort in the car.
Only used Mobil 1 Synthetic for oil changes
Drain and filled trans fluid with Honda manual trans fluid a few weeks ago.

Only notable flaws are some chips on the hood and left rear quarter panel. I do have a Dr Color Chip kit (matching paint code) but never got around to buffing properly etc to apply. It will come with the car as part of the sale.

The pics speak for themselves and I hope I've offered a valuable description but please feel free to ask any questions.

Asking $6249 Or Best Reasonable Offer (Just FYI - $3000 is NOT a "reasonable" offer) '

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure what that matters.
I can list it local and end an auction at will.

And as you can see in the link you posted, it was Greenville, not Asheville.
But thanks for sharing the CL ad :)

And yes, Ebay refunded the auction fees minus the listing fee.
IMO they should of refunded the whole thing since the listing was technically ruined by the issue that occurred.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts