Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it was local it would be mine........

$700

2000 Honda Insight, battery 3 years old. Needs clutch and possibly transmission work. 170,000 miles
Manual 5 speed transmission. 4 all season tires and 4 snow tires.

Mechanic's special

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Another one of them RARE 4Cyl G1 Insights too.

Willie

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Send my commission check to..........
Glad someone from here got it.
You should post pictures and tell us what was wrong with the transmission.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Send my commission check to..........
Glad someone from here got it.
You should post pictures and tell us what was wrong with the transmission.
Car needs rear bumper. Transmission crunches 1st , 2nd , and 3rd.
Input shaft bearing is shot. All in all drove it all the way home about 100 miles. No issues no check engine light. Currently getting 50 mpg thank god my girlfriend pushed me to pick it up.

·
3,641 Posts
Congrats Ric! That's a great deal.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Damn, I just spent twice that and have a total drive of ten hours with truck and trailer for a hooptie with more mi. I need to tone down my hooptie fetish. Good buy.
Gerald

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
At least we know you won't part them out. And me thinks doth protests too much. I ever tell you the times I drove 8 or 10 hours to Long Island or New Hampshire to pick up cars and when I get there 10 minutes after the cutoff time for pickup, they say sorry you have to come back tomorrow? Even a fleabag motel on L.I. is $80.

·
Registered
567 Posts
At least we know you won't part them out. And me thinks doth protests too much. I ever tell you the times I drove 8 or 10 hours to Long Island or New Hampshire to pick up cars and when I get there 10 minutes after the cutoff time for pickup, they say sorry you have to come back tomorrow? Even a fleabag motel on L.I. is $80.
Keeping this one for those cross country trips

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
DaBossk
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing