Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update October 2019 - I had a flurry of interest when I put this up, but nobody very local to check it out or pick it up easily. I'm planning a couple of trips this Autumn and could make a deal to drive it to someone along the way if that helped. I'm that confident in it's roadworthiness, even though I'm not driving it daily in deference to my 100%EV driven Volt.
I have trips to Austin TX, Tucson AZ, and Denver CO when I could possibly make a dropoff along the way.

I'm about ready to give up my 01 Blue CVT with 205k miles. I have a 2011 Volt now that fills the same niche.

I bought it in 2009 for my wife. I upgraded her to a CRV in 2015 after it started throwing IMAs.

At this point it became my hobby car which included using it to save fuel on short and long trips. It has been all over NM, AZ, CO, NV and I'd probably drive it across country at the drop of a hat.

That said, it needs TLC.
IMA -
While the IMA was replaced by Honda just before I bought it, it started throwing errors at maybe 150k. I eventually pulled the pack and did a full balance, finding a couple of sticks weak. I then bought the sticks from a friend's pack when he replaced with a Bumblebee. His was overall in better shape and recently balanced and that carried me for nearly a year. I am ready to pull the pack and rebalance, swapping in needed sticks to get a best balance. With a grid charger it might limp well for a long time.

Tires -
rear nearly new, front ready for replacement soon.

Interior -
worn but not disaster, rear hatch struts not working, opens only with key at back. Scuff/wear on back of driver's seat, well worn floor carpet under driver's foot.

Systems -
AC compressor/drier replaced 120k/10 years ago, topped it up 2 years ago when it was running low, still going strong. Heat good. AM/FM/CD... not all speakers working, but otherwise good. Wipers good. Lights all around good. Electric windows/lock good. No remote.

Engine -
Leaks oil... needs a top-up between changes. Looks like oil pan gasket.

Exterior -
Sunburned paint. One Pannier cracked but complete, both removed. One door top trim removed, but intact. Some undercarriage shields missing. Very elaborately cracked windshield (standard for NM roads).

I am troubleshooting a 12V ghost battery drain. I routed the battery ground into the cockpit with a jumper to facilitate both IMA resets and leaving it sit for more than a day.

$1k?

Mostly want it to go to "a good home". I have "bad home" offer (people who would not know how to keep it working well) at $1K. At full price, I could throw in some of the best matching of my spare 20 NiMH sticks (the rest are driving my electric bicycle and various home solar projects).

- Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My registration is up at the end of August and I'm still not driving this cute little beast except to keep it exercised... my Volt gets all the love these days (still trying to the the round tuits required to rig a half-dozen used solar panels to charge it from so I'm not driving on "coal" all the time).

My main goal is to get it to a good home. Someone who will make it their own daily driver or hobby car or even a running parts-source. My $1k is very negotiable, the better your story, the more motivated I'd be to meet your price and maybe meet you halfway between here and there to handoff.

It is in Northern NM, near Santa Fe. There is a slim chance I'd be willing to trailer it to central AZ with the goal of returning with a trailer full of used solar panels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My registration is up at the end of August and I'm still not driving this cute little beast except to keep it exercised... my Volt gets all the love these days (still trying to the the round tuits required to rig a half-dozen used solar panels to charge it from so I'm not driving on "coal" all the time).

My main goal is to get it to a good home. Someone who will make it their own daily driver or hobby car or even a running parts-source. My $1k is very negotiable, the better your story, the more motivated I'd be to meet your price and maybe meet you halfway between here and there to handoff.

It is in Northern NM, near Santa Fe. There is a slim chance I'd be willing to trailer it to central AZ with the goal of returning with a trailer full of used solar panels.
CAn you please repost or PM the pictures please?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vehicle is sold and will be delivered on Sunday... thanks to all for looking!

- Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts