Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 Honda Insight. 230,000 miles. Manual Transmission. AC super cold.
Has a Salvage title but has never been in an accident.
It has a check engine light for EGR.
It comes with a custom built grid charger.
I recently installed a new stereo system and speakers.
It has car pool stickers
Recently replaced, transmission oil, engine oil, coolent, air filter, cabon air conditioning filter.
$4000 OR BEST OFFER (OBO)
Located in Oxnard, CA

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Please list where your car is located.
It looks really nice with the green grass in the picture. I wish we had some here in Iowa right about now.

Thanks!
Alan

·
7,200 Posts
Has a Salvage title but has never been in an accident.
Can you explain what exactly you mean by this? How is that possible?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Flood damaged?

Recovered stolen car? (post insurance payout)

Arson damage?

That's weird.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure why it has a salvage title. I've only had this car for like 3 months. The previous owner told me that it was in some kind of donation so it went into a salvage title to donate it. I'm pretty sure he didnt know what he was talking about. All i know is that i put the vin number into a background check and it shows to have no accidents reported. Check out my ebay History Report. I do a little body work and as far as i see it, it looks to have no body damage. Come by and check it out if you guys want.

Honda : Insight Honda : Insight | eBay

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can you explain what exactly you mean by this? How is that possible?
I'll jump in here and offer the story i was given by the previous owner. I talked to him several times when he had the car listed over the summer. The story he gave me was that the car was donated to a Salvage yard in CA. He then purchased the car from the salvage yard, but the only type of title or bill of sale they could issue would leave the car branded junk no matter what by state law. So im guessing thats how it could be salvaged without being in a wreck or flood or anything else that would cause that. Since the junkyard is not a dealer or used car lot, anything they sell is salvage. I believe it needed the EGR replaced at the time as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts