Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - my daughter loves to collect things and has gotten herself a 2001 Honda Insight with ~100,000 miles on it. It is a basket case with all parts there and many new ones supplied by the previous owner. Is there anyone that specializes in the 1999-2006 Insights in the Midwest that is willing to take this fixit project on? Or anyone I can call to discuss this option. She wants to repair the car and keep it. Many thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are not interested in doing the work yourself then I would recommend:

Eric Powers @ EVPowers.com
Located in Madison, Wisconsin

He has owned and worked on many generation 1 Honda insights.

Reactions: NewOwner

·
Registered
2001 CVT Insight “Cherry Bomb” 330K+
111 Posts
Oooh, I’m excited! I would definitely encourage your daughter to keep the car and repair it herself! Start reading up on how the car works, search this forum for solutions of problems you’re having, get yourself a shop manual off Ebay. Address one problem at a time and take small steps. As @*sean* said, I just replaced my engine (just finished this past weekend!), and started that crazy project with little to no automotive knowledge. I’m 23, working basically 3 jobs (waitressing, photography, homesteading) and that was my daily driver. It took me $2,000 and 2 months to get her going again, but I did it and I’m on the other side with way more knowledge and confidence, plus through this process, I had the privilege of making many Insighter friends who I really hope to meet in person one day!
Basically, there’s not much to lose and I say go for it. 😆 There are way more people on here with more knowledge than me, but I’d love to talk with your daughter about her Insight if she wants. I can pm you my number of interested! Good luck!

·
Linsight Designer
3,595 Posts
It's exciting to watch the next generation take the reigns.
I'm not as old as many others here, but I'm also no spring chicken.

Watching @CherryBomb dive headfirst into the unknown was absolutely awesome! Ever better was this community's eagerness to help sort it all out. I see that time and time again. It never gets old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts