Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will only sell the car as whole.
2001 honda insight
I bought this car at a salvage auction for parts to fix another one i had, but sold it instead.
Its has no title (I'm a licensed dealership). It will only be sold with a bill of sale.
Automatic cvt seems to works good
engine seems to be good
172k miles
bad IMA battery
dose have a bad front wheel bearing.
needs a good cleaning
catalyst converters are still on car.
$500 firm
DM me for info, more pictures and phone number.
if interested. Im located in NORTH CAROLINA

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
Nice car. Is there a process in NC to get a salvage title?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm about 15 minutes south of you (winston salem) and I'm very interested. along the lines of what Jime asked, do you know if a title can be issued via Bonded Vehicle title requirements? If I'd be able to get a title for this, I'd buy it this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're in North Carolina you can do a mechanics lien if you're a body shop or a garage. I don't know any other way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to Carfax it is junk branded so I don't even think anything can even be done

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
Kinda sad. It looks better than lots of Insights on the road. Great parts for someone with the storage room ;)

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
If someone out of state buys it with a bill or sale, you could probably get it retitled. I would buy it, if for nothing else but to save it and put it back on the road, but shipping to CA would probably be more than the cost of the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure how hard it would be to try to get a title from out of state. I guess it depends on your state.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm considering buying it for a 24 hour of lemons racecar, but it would be cool if someone out of state tried to get this thing titled and back on the road!

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
I'm not sure how hard it would be to try to get a title from out of state. I guess it depends on your state.
Well in California, it doesn't really matter how badly a car is damaged. If you repair it, and the blinkers/brake lights/headlights work, they will hand you a new title marked 'salvage' and you can drive it on the road. I forget the process, but there is also way to bypass the salvage part, and get a clean title... But It's a federal offense, and thus I have never done it, but yea.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,603 Posts
There is nothing wrong with having a "salvaged" title. A vehicle that may have been stolen and partially stripped of parts and then recovered and all the missing parts replaced can be totaled by the ins. co. and then can be reissued a title as "salvaged". Pertaining to CA.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
There is nothing wrong with having a "salvaged" title. A vehicle that may have been stolen and partially stripped of parts and then recovered and all the missing parts replaced can be totaled by the ins. co. and then can be reissued a title as "salvaged". Pertaining to CA.
No what I'm referring to, is called title washing, it's where you buy a car with a salvage title out of state, then bring it into CA with only a bill of sale, thus getting a 'clean title'.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts