"Lets give it to Mikey, he can sell anything."
Guess we will know more tomorrow.

Willie

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
The front hood has been vented with a grid and this also adds to
the overall fuel economy. HUH?
Picture number 8 has... whatever that is.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Looks nice enough to where I might have to drive down and look at it this weekend, but there are a couple of puzzling items.

What's that relay on the right side of the battery housing? On my car I have an identical relay, cause that's where I added the relay for the injector kill switch!

And what does the green button do? Seeing how dirty the top of the coin compartment is, it looks like he hit that button a lot!

And why am I not venting my hood? Is that really a thing?

The seats look even nicer than mine, but that sunroof would be just one more thing I'd have to find a way to cover with a sun shade

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
What about the shaved doors handles? How do you open the doors? underneath handle?

That vented hood just gave me ebola...

The green switch could be the Injector kill switch or simply a clutch switch.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, I figure clutch switch, although I don't know why he would have had to put a relay on the firewall for a clutch switch. That's right where the kill switch relay is on mine. (see the pic with the relay attached to the battery compartment). I emailed the dealership the following questions this morning. If for any reason he answers and I don't go to look at it for myself, I'll post his answers for you guys here and on Ecomodder.

I’m interested in the Insight, and I have a couple of questions. If I come to see it I’ll be driving a couple of hours since I live in Lakeland, so I want to get a little info up front.
Biggest question is, what does the green button on the dash do? Seeing how there’s a relay up on the battery housing in the engine compartment, is that a kill switch? He obviously hit that switch a lot seeing how dirty the top of the coin compartment is, kind of worries me not knowing what it is. Or is it just a clutch override switch?
Is the LCD display going bad where it reads the rpms?
Do you have any pics of the grid charger and the harness?
Are the aero panels underneath in good shape? Are the front panels still on it, or did they get tossed?
Do all the doors and hatch open?
When the plugs were changed did they use OEM indexed plugs?
Does the sunroof have any leaks?
Also, what is the real deal with that “vented” hood? I’m an Insight owner already, I have a lot of buddies that are Insight owners, my kid is an Insight owner, and I have never seen or heard of that kind of mod or seen it mentioned in any forums. It looks more like the guy had something there at one time and then slapped the vent on there when he removed it
If I go down there this weekend to look at it and pass on it, I'll give you guys a quick run-down of my findings

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
That maroon color is making my ridiculously wet. Along with those shaved door handles Mmmm..... I think I'll stop now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You'll probably see me in that thing in a week or two unless it's a p.o.s.

I might sell Turtle outright, or see if they'd take it in trade if I decide to get that one

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Someone put a lot of time and money in that car. I really like it though pics do wonders for cars on sale. If it is anything like the pics, I would REALLY like that car. Nice color but wonder how far they went with the paint? What about the door jams? Were those painted? Under the hood...was that painted? Shaving the door handles involved some real work so maybe the car was totally disassembled and painted but highly doubt it. If it was totally disassembled and repainted I'm guessing someone had $4000+ just in paint alone.

Nice original floor mats btw.
Gerald

·
Registered
554 Posts
That maroon color is making my ridiculously wet. Along with those shaved door handles Mmmm..... I think I'll stop now.
Agree on the paint. Looks very good on the car. Though I'd put on airs and call it "burgundy" color. :D

Ugh, dealer sprayed the engine compartment with goo. That should be a crime. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I have the Carfax

Albert247, the OP, sent me the Carfax. I don't know how to post a PDF so anyone interested in seeing the Carfax send me a pm.
Gerald

·
Registered
300 Posts
Galevin,

I sent you a PM, I'm going down there in the morning to look at it and the Carfax would help if I had it up front.

In case I don't buy it I'll give you guys a first-person description of what I find.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Email or fax

John (Cowmeat),
Send me your email or fax number and I will get it to you.
Gerald

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I love the burgundy colour (the door jambs were done). I like the leather. I am OK with the sunroof; but I hate that bonnet vent! The buyer would have to cover it up with some kind of Subaru-style air scoop.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You'll probably see me in that thing in a week or two unless it's a p.o.s.

I might sell Turtle outright, or see if they'd take it in trade if I decide to get that one
Wow, the car looks amazing in that color. The hood vent might "help" to reduce underhood temps if that were ever a concern on an Insight, lol. At first glance I actually thought the hood vent was a solar panel though, might not be a bad place for one to tenderize the 12V battery. And oh man, that sunroof! That car has a couple options that should have been available from the factory.

As for selling your Turtle, before you get rid of it take that armrest out and ship it up to me. :) I could definitely use one of those in my car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Man I would, but my kid already called dibs on Turtle, and the only things he might not want on it are a couple of the many, many mods. He ripped the mods right off the Festiva back in the day when he got it from me.

His twin brother already has an Insight, too. We picked up a couple weekends ago in Ft Lauderdale! This will be three of them in the family if I get this one

·
Registered
163 Posts
Man I would, but my kid already called dibs on Turtle, and the only things he might not want on it are a couple of the many, many mods. He ripped the mods right off the Festiva back in the day when he got it from me.

His twin brother already has an Insight, too. We picked up a couple weekends ago in Ft Lauderdale! This will be three of them in the family if I get this one

Wow, keep them in the family and keep them up and running, sounds like a good idea to me. I guess if I can't get that armrest from Turtle I might as well ask what vehicle it's off of so I can go find a different one. What did you source that from and how much did it cost, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
300 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts