Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Insight MT had 243000 miles on it when it overheated and popped in a big way. Compression is 40-30-45. I am just guessing that it will need more than a simple headgasket job to fix this. It is too high mileage motor for me to mess with digging into any further so I'm selling it as an excellent rolling chassis for repair or Kswap possibly.

Car is located in College Station, Texas. 77845. I'm asking $700 for the shell as it sits. If you don't want some of these parts we can negotiate. I figure it's about 400 bucks worth of extras on the used market so I'm asking 300 for a rolling chassis ready for a swap, or 700 for the car as-is. (I price used things at half of new value, but I only included the coolest stuff, not the little things. Also I did not put a price on the tires, since y'know, used tires and all, but they are pretty perfect still). The 300 dollar price would be the car with stock parts put back on where I can, and stock wheels with bald tires.

This car has no IMA stuff left at all. There is literally nothing left in the hatch, not even carpet. I put a Meanwell PSU back there to keep the battery charged and that's it. This car is full time gas-only. I averaged about 48 mpg with stock wheels, and about 43 with the wide, grippy tires that are on it now.

I have some cool parts installed on this car. I can leave them and you pay for them with the shell, or I can remove them and sell them seperately. Buyer's choice, but I'm not selling the parts until someone has a chance to buy the shell complete with the parts included.

Extra parts are:
Gaz rear shocks with approximately 30k miles on them.
Scott's (Matiz) rear springs with the same miles
The matching front springs (Not installed yet, but I have them)
Scott's aluminum belly pan.
Mini Cooper 16x6.5" "R119" style wheels. (18.5 pounds each)
Federal 595 tires in 205/40/16 These things have been a game changer. Unbelievable grip, quiet, and great in the rain.
(Stock wheels are available, but they are ugly and the tires are bad)
A heavy aluminum round shift knob. Stock knob is included.
A cheapish but great Pioneer single din mechless stereo. Has USB which charges and plays music from your phone. BT Mic broke (my fault), so no more phone calls from the head unit unless that is fixed.
Some decent sounding 2 way door speakers (not sure of brand, came with car but they work well)
Some fancy LED Headlight lamps. (very bright)
LED interior lights all around
LED front turn signals
Brand new Grp51 battery from walmart. It's like a month old.
Fumoto drain valve

The car itself has had two small accidents in the time I've owned it. I was lightly rear-ended at a stop sign. Left some spiderwebbing on the rear bumper, but no obvious structural damage. And the front end was damaged when I hit a ditch. It pushed the radiator cradle over and up an inch or so. I bought a parts car and replaced everthing forward of the shock towers. Everything lines up great except for the passenger headlight sticks out about a 1/4". I think it's the actual headlight and not the metal. I drove it "bent" for a couple months before I found the replacement parts. FWIW, I have never done an alignment on this car and it drives as straight and true as it ever did before, during, and after the ditch incident. Which is to say, excellent. The car handles excellently and with these wheels and tires it sticks to the road like it's on rails.

The paint is terrible. it's down to the aluminum on the roof in some spots.

Photos from today.

Headlight mis-alignment:

https://i.imgur.com/8z5k090.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/41cJaUa.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/p58hz9G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MN68us5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CxrZI4b.jpg

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will add this. I am only going to leave this offer up like this for a few days. I need the space in my drive more than I need to hold on to this, and I can make more money parting out the nice bits and sending the shell to the scrappers. If you think you want this talk to me now.

I have an extra pair of headlights, an extra rear axle (entire thing), stock springs and stock rear shocks, a fairly nice steering wheel and clockspring from a CVT car, and several other parts I was hoarding for future mods. Any and all of this stuff can be included, lets talk about it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have started to pull my good parts off this car and it will be hauled away this week sometime.

If you have a specific part you want give me a shout ASAP and I will see if I have the time and the gumption to go pull it! It's 104 today with a Heat Index of 119 right now. I'm not going to go deep-diving into this car to pull off anything not easily accessible.

That said, I have many good things in this car. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll try my best to make it happen. I'll be making another FS post soon with all the accessories and stuff. I can tell you I have 2 wheel spats in OK shape, 3 original 1/4 turn bolts for them, and both my over-door trims are good. I also have 2 yellow spare rims if you want some skinnies, and several other things like headlights and tail light assemblies, etc. I have a whole pile of good parts from the last car I parted out, plus all the parts coming off this car.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you happen to have a driver side window trim? I'm looking for the plastic bit that goes over the A-piller on the exterior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts