Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you own 2001s, could you please let me know if yours came "from the factory" with a digital clock in the radio? I just bought a "certified" 2001, and the dealership is telling me that the official manual might be wrong and my 2001 never had a clock.???

Also if anyone knows more about this 150 point certified used program from honda and what they guarantee that would be great also.

thanks, CJ in los angeles

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
james said:
Now if someone could tell me how to actually set the time...
Above the TAPE/CD button (I think... next to the eject) you should see the word CLOCK. Hold it down, the clock should blink. Then press 4 or 5 to advance hours or minutes. Hit TAPE/CD (CLOCK) one more time to accept changes.

This is all from memory, but I think I've got it right. Can't go outside to doublecheck ATM.

·
Registered
320 Posts
All Insights come from the factory with the same model radio/cassette/clock. Meanwhile, everybody thinks the cassette is "quaint" for such a high-tech car. Maybe the previous owner of your car replaced the radio. Lots of people do.

I tried yesterday, but the new radio seems dead. I reinstalled the old one. I'll write more in the mods forum.

(returning later) Ahah! It was fuse #16 under the hood. The original radio doesn't use it, third party radios require it and Honda apparently places the fuse in the socket, but does not push it in far enough to activate the circuit. I fixed this and now the radio I added works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cj said:
If any of you own 2001s, could you please let me know if yours came "from the factory" with a digital clock in the radio? I just bought a "certified" 2001, and the dealership is telling me that the official manual might be wrong and my 2001 never had a clock.???

Also if anyone knows more about this 150 point certified used program from honda and what they guarantee that would be great also.

thanks, CJ in los angeles
CJ:
You may have discovered an answer I'm looking for. Yes, I believe that all Insights do have a clock as a part of the radio. Yours may have been disabled by pushing some sequence of radio buttons, and hopefully by now you've learned the sequence and restored it.

In my case, I am a "radio person", ham radio, etc, and I want the radio to display frequency and NOT time! I have a watch for that! If you figured out how to enable the clock, please tell me, and hoeefully I can disable mine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts