Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well maintained, 207k miles, and engine does not use oil. Has MIMA, A/C and aftermarket cruise control.

Batteries replaced under extended warranty 5-6 years ago and rebalanced two years ago, but IMA & check engine lights have started lighting regularly, so either needs rebalancing again or the Revolt charger.

Straight body, no accidents or hail damage, and always parked under roof. Interior in decent shape; only owned by nonsmokers.

Aerodynamically optimized by removal of exterior mirrors, rear wiper, stock radio antenna and stock front license plate holder. Currently achieves 75+ mpg in summer, less in winter.

Included are 4 winter tires and wheels (on car now), 4 summer tires mounted on stock wheels, 2 used unmounted summer tires, a custom bicycle rack for two bikes, most of the original equipment removed for aerodynamic optimization, and the original transmission which could be rebuilt. Buyer must take all as is.

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm pretty interested. Is the check engine light just IMA related or is there another issue like the catalytic converter? Any gear shift grind or other strange noises? Maintenance history?

I probably wouldn't be able to pick it up until after the storms pass and the roads are better.

Tyler

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of the original equipment removed, we have the exterior and interior rearview mirrors, the rear wiper motor but not the wiper arm, and the sunvisors.

I have to say though, I prefer the current mirror setup. It saves 6mpg and there is much greater visibility with very small blind spots. The only drawback might be state regulations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tyler, the check engine light is only IMA related. We replaced the catalytic converter a few years back.

No funny noises, and we do have maintenance records.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Salt is a valid concern, however this was a California car for slightly over half its life, then resided in western WA where no one has heard of salt. We've only lived here in MN for 4 years, and for half that we drove it maybe once or twice a week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a paint expert, but the clearcoat seems still stuck on there. I'm sure some wax would improve it. There are a couple scratches, one per side, when the other half sideswiped something in the garage. No dents, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As for the grid charger, that would have been our next purchase, but the other half got a yen to haul kayaks around, and that requires roof racks. And as we all know, one doesn't sully an Insight with a roof rack. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Sam, we were going to do something similar, until the other half had a stroke that affected the left side -- the clutch foot. There's nothing for it now; gotta sell the Insight.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you getting a lot of snow there? We only got maybe 4 inches so far. There was some pretty impressive thundersnow last night though.

Is there anything else on the car that will need attention soon other than the battery?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Are you sure you didn't just grab the throttle stick off of the helicopter behind you to use for your MIMA controls? :D

Fill us in on some info about that. Is that also controls v the cruise control? Did you make it yourself?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delee, the other half, an electrical engineer, made the control box on the shift lever. Good guess -- it does also house the cruise control. We used to have little labels by each switch, but they fell off and we didn't need them anyway. Keeps the riffraff away. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HondaRider90, I can't think of anything else potentially wrong with this car. It's been our only vehicle now for 4 years and never failed us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Someone just purchased our car sight unseen. If they don't like what they see when they pick it up, the car will be for sale again. Until then, we'll assume it's sold. Thanks for your interest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts