Discussion Starter #1
2002 Blue Honda Insight MT for sale

$2,000. OBO
5 speed.
Blue.
292,000 miles.
Runs well.
Currently on the road and inspected..
Lifetime average 56.4 mpg, still getting that.
2 sets tires
4 summer tires on original wheels - very good -
(plastic hub caps disappeared in the barn one winter)
4 studded snows on steel wheels - snow tires just used one winter.
Aftermarket radio.
Working A/C.
Used transmission has been installed.
Fuel pump was replaced.
CAT was replaced.
Aftermarket adjustable rear shocks.
Hatch lifters replaced.
Drivers side window motor replaced.
New passenger side underbody shroud, still in box.
Evap CEL code.
"maint req'd" light is on, needs the push buttons replaced to clear it.
Has been diagnosed with weak hybrid battery pack.
VIN JHMZE13712T001911
Central New Hampshire.

A/C works:

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can try this trick for the trip button as I had the same problem with an Insight that I bought for 500 dollars. It's a bit tedious but it did work for me. You need to press the trip button many many many times.....maybe like 1000 times. At some point, the pressing will clean the contact enough under the button and it will start cycling through the trip settings. When this happens you have to try and reset the maint light using the prescribed procedure. Again it did work for me. I had a sore finger after.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
You can try this trick for the trip button as I had the same problem with an Insight that I bought for 500 dollars. It's a bit tedious but it did work for me. You need to press the trip button many many many times.....maybe like 1000 times. At some point, the pressing will clean the contact enough under the button and it will start cycling through the trip settings. When this happens you have to try and reset the maint light using the prescribed procedure. Again it did work for me. I had a sore finger after.
I did the same thing and it reset. I decided to push it about 42 times each time I hit a stop light. Not sure now long it took but after doing that for a few days it worked. That way you don't have to have a sore finger like poor Pete here...just split the work between drives till it repairs itself.

Pete, you didn't tell me about your CRX....you must have one of every Honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same thing I do for noisy pushbutton switches on my audio mixers.:)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Was the bumper replaced? It looks like it's off a shade in the pictures. Does the check engine light come on right away or would it be able to be gotten through emissions? How's the clearcoat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was the bumper replaced? It looks like it's off a shade in the pictures. Does the check engine light come on right away or would it be able to be gotten through emissions? How's the clearcoat?
I got rear-ended, bumper was replaced. I've been getting through emissions with a reset and a drive until the OBD says it's ready for testing. Paint is ok if somewhat neglected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.