Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am a new Insight owner as of Super Bowl Sunday! I had an 1990 Acura Integra that finally went to car heaven after 297,000 miles. After crunching some numbers, I found out that the money in gas that I would save with an Insight would almost pay for the payments. I bought a Blue CVT since I couldn't find a Silver one close enough for the right price and plus, my wife didn't want a 5MT (not that I will be letting her drive it that often javascript:emoticon(';)') So far, I love the car. My daily commute is 130+ miles round trip, so the Insight is awesome. Of course the HOV access is pretty nice too. Anyway, while playing with all the switches and checking everything out on the way home and on the way to work, I stumbled upon a cruise control stalk on the left side under the turn signal stalk. I was under the impression that cruise control in not available for the Insight. Was it not available only for 2000-2001 and then it became and option (or standard equipment) for 2002 onward? Just a bit confused an happily surprised.

I love this forum by the way. Lots of great info!

Thanks,
Ping ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Welcome!
The cruise control must be an aftermarket installation, none of the Insights came with cruise control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts