Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need flywheel install in 2002 CVT. Can anyone recommend anyone in the Eugene—Corvallis area? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can't imagine it's much different from any other car. Just go to a good independent shop that likes Japanese cars or a place that's good at working on prius's would be good too probably.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the flywheel change myself, however the car still has problems. (New correct fluid as well.) It will not go forward, a little movement at about 500rpm, and a little in reverse. If rev’d to 3000 or so, then down to idle then shift to drive, it will lurch forward, almost and sort of. Start clutch failure in the cvt? Suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacement has a good spline— thought spline failure was the no-go issue. Is the current state more indicative of failed cvt?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am in Springfield. hope it works out for you. I went to a transmission place on west 11th just a little west of Bailey Hill for my Toyota. They didn't do any work but they helped evaluate the condition. My 2 cents is that the fly wheel is good but the problem is else where. Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in Springfield. hope it works out for you. I went to a transmission place on west 11th just a little west of Bailey Hill for my Toyota. They didn't do any work but they helped evaluate the condition. My 2 cents is that the fly wheel is good but the problem is else where. Good Luck
do you have a shop you recommend in the area fore Insight work in general? I have a new grinding noise at 1800-2500 rpm, am wondering who knows Insights. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts