Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Insight 3DR HB CVT W | eBay

I've got an MT with 24k mi but here is one that has less than half of that. At less than $5k I'm a possible buyer but sure to bring more than that at close of auction. It's a CVT and has sat a lot but sure would look nice with all the other dust collectors over here. Interesting car.
Gerald

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have also been watching this Ebay listing. It is listed at the dealers sight for $10,788 - but the Ebay listing says "no reserve". Good luck Gerald. With Ebay, you never know until the last second if you have the winning bid. Tom

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harborman,
And you've got a 6k mi Insight? Bet you value yours at $10k+ on a bad day. My 24k MT I would value at least $8k even today as prices seem to be falling over the last couple years. And JIME has dog bite which has 2k mi that I believe he values
at $5k:D (I'd like to buy his car). Some folks here don't understand that if it were not for collectors these low mile beauties would seize to exist.
Gerald

·
Registered
213 Posts
Gerald: I hope you can acquire this 12,000 mile car. You will keep it pristine. I'll be storing mine away for the Winter. It's been running great. Let me know if you have the winning bid!! Good luck!!! Tom

·
Super Moderator
7,149 Posts
Harborman,
And you've got a 6k mi Insight? Bet you value yours at $10k+ on a bad day. My 24k MT I would value at least $8k even today as prices seem to be falling over the last couple years. And JIME has dog bite which has 2k mi that I believe he values
at $5k:D (I'd like to buy his car). Some folks here don't understand that if it were not for collectors these low mile beauties would seize to exist.
Gerald

It is a beautiful car. Would love to bid on it myself, but wife has put on the clamps. After all, I can only store 2 cars inside. Yeah, Dogbite - now at 2800miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hope if I can ever get one at a reasonable price I can trip the odometer over or run it until the wheels fall off of it, whichever comes first. But yes I do keep the maintenance up on my vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was sold."
I'm assuming someone got to the seller prior to the end and worked out a deal with the seller. That's what I just did with a 1946 dodge power wagon 6 wheeler that I bought with less than one day left on ebay. Just didn't wanted to deal with the snipers.

Or he changed his mind for whatever reason and removed it from ebay. Last bid was at $7650.
Gerald

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
You may see it relisted and the seller said the previous buyer backed out.

Ive had that happen with a few tablets that start at 99 cents and dont make much progress. The seller ends the listing before time runs out and relists at a higher start price. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,149 Posts
I'm assuming someone got to the seller prior to the end and worked out a deal with the seller. That's what I just did with a 1946 dodge power wagon 6 wheeler that I bought with less than one day left on ebay. Just didn't wanted to deal with the snipers.
I would have withdrawn it also, given the condition of the car. If it were a private owner, then he may have decided to simply wait for prices to recover some. Has to happen at some point for this quality car. Being a dealer, he probably tried to use the "no reserve" to stimulate interest, and couldn't get it.

What is "sniping?"

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sniping is jumping in an auction in the last few seconds. I never reveal my highest bid early or in the middle of an auction. I don't want the competition to bid a few dollars more than my highest bid so I enter my highest bid with 3-5 seconds prior to the close of the auction. I subscribe to ezsniper.com ($69 or $99 per year can't remember) and I enter the auction id, my max bid and ezsniper snipes the auction with my high bid with just a few seconds left. If you are active on ebay, it's the only way to buy. Worth the subscription.
Gerald

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Oh...:confused: I just type in the highest I am willing to pay and forget about it. Sometimes Im outbidded by a few cents to hundreds of dollars. Many times I end up with a second chance offer after a few days. Other times I get a notice I am not the highest bidder, then an email that I am as a bidder withdrew a bid or was another account used to run the bid up.

Many cases you can message the guy and work a deal out or royally get screwed over. I messaged a guy a while back that was a few hundred miles away if he would take x for his item and end the bidding so I can go and get it. To my surprise he said yes and left a link in the message. The link lead to a buy it now listing for twice the price I offered him. :mad: I d messaged him that thanks, but I found it cheaper by someone else. :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts