Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

While driving my Insight to work this morning, I noticed a steady drop of water from under/behind the glovebox. I took a closer look and it looked to be coming from the cabin air filter area. When I open the clasp that holds the cabin air filter, the water begins gushing out, which suggests to me that the cabin air filter area is actually full of water. I've since drained it into a bowl and haven't yet driven the car so I'm not sure if it'll fill up again just sitting or if it fills while running the A/C.

At first I thought it was a simple leak from the outside rain, since I'm still having issues with cargo compartment leaks. However, the car has been through several storms in the year I've owned it and this is the first time anything like this has happened. This leads me to think that it may be a clogged A/C drain or something of that nature.

The most recent service done to the car was two new front tires and an alignment, so I don't think they would've ever gotten close to the A/C system unless they were curious, which is a possibility. Also, I had a terrible experience with the shop that did it. Anyone in the Central NJ area, avoid Medina Tire Service. The tech there did appalling work.

Just took it for a short drive for lunch and can confirm that water steadily drips while the A/C is running.

Anyhow, that's about it! Would love to hear what you guys think.

I've got a YouTube video uploading currently to give y'all a better idea of the problem.

Video is up!

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
I vote for the AC. The drain is in that area. It's not hard to find, and will be easy to unclog. It goes forward through the firewall and then down under the car.

Sam

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I vote for the AC. The drain is in that area. It's not hard to find, and will be easy to unclog. It goes forward through the firewall and then down under the car.

Sam
Thanks for the affirmation. Won't get a chance to take a look at it until later tonight but I'll update with my results!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts