Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down my deposit on November 8th. Dealer said the car should arrive some time in late December or inJanuary. Spoke with him yesterday and he said February.

He told me that the dealers put in a weekly order, but that doesn't mean that Japan is going to be making the particular car on the order and that they just have to wait and see. When one is made than they will get it.

Does this sound reasonable or am I just gettin the run around. I've never bought a new car before. Other folks are driving them and I want mine too!!!!!

Happy Holidays by the way.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sounds like some other stories I've heard, but I know a few dealerships around here have actually gotten an 04 or two. Apparently a early order for a navy blue pearl 5 speed was delieverd last week and I've heard another dealership has a CVT red one in stock. You might check other dealerships local stock and see if any around you has them or not. If so might want to ask, they could even do a dealer to dealer trade for the car.

Someone on this forum did end up waiting a few months to get delievery of his Insight he ordered. I can't remember who off the top of my head.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There are six 04's on the ground around here. A large dealer actually has three.
I've been looking for a left over five speed and there are four on the East Coast. If you buy an 03 you can save $4,000 +.
I finally got a price on my salvage, they took forever because there sre no interested salvage yards. The wreak is going to cost me only $750.
Now, if I could find one smacked hard in the ***.............
Rick

·
Registered
66 Posts
"We'll have it ordered for you"

That reminds me of the statement I got on calling one of the local Honda dealerships. There's actually one dealership that has '03 and '04 Insights in stock here in Utah. But anyway, this one I called didn't.

"So, when do you think you'll have the Insight by if I order one from you?" I asked.

"We'll have that ordered for you within two weeks, sir," came the friendly, thickly-accented reply.

"Do you mean you'll have it, or the order will be in within two weeks?" I replied skeptically.

"Well, we can't be sure when it will come in, but the order will go within two weeks"

Ugh.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I'll land this job I interviewed for today...

--
Matthew

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You know, I'm kind of amazed that they are actually bringing some 04's in to the US like they are. I was starting to think that you were pretty much going to have to order one and wait unless you either got lucky or drove a long distance to get one.

My local dealership finally had their 03 CVT dissapeat a month or so ago, but it sat there for a long time. I have a feeling they were getting desperate to make it dissapear. I may go see this 04 which is at a dealership not too far from me. It is however a CVT, but all well, I'm kinda curious to see what the new interior looks like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Regarding order times, I ordered my 04 in late September. It was manufactured in October, and it arrived Nov. 20th.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Insight delivery times.

We called around in October. We were told by dealers: "They don't make those anymore." and "Nobody has any of those." We found one dealer who "Checked his computer" and told us that a silver 5-speed was to be made on Nov 4 for shipment to Ca. He "traded" with the intended recipient dealer and our car came 2 weeks ago. 6-8 weeks seems like par. It seems as though Honda does not want to sell many of these.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
How many '03s... does anyone really know?

Reading a "new Prius" article on some flight recently (I forget the source of the article, sorry... some previous traveler left a newspaper in the seat pocket), the author had a bar graph for Hybrid sales in the US, showing Prius and HCH sales for the 2003 MY almost tied at about 30,000... and the Insight bar was barely peeking out of the bottom of the graph, with the number sold as about 1,300. Is this accurate? They only moved ~25 Insights a week? :cry:

Considering the poor consumer demand (most people don't know the Insight exists, because dealers won't have them, because consumers don't ask for them, because most people don't know the Insight exists, because...), the abhorrent lack of product knowledge at the dealership, the specialty product the Insight truly is (and the cost of providing such a "loss leader" by Honda)... I can see why dealers and Honda are not exactly pushing the '04s out the factory door... :cry:

But hey, Faberge wasn't exactly flooding the market with eggs, either... :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
It took me five monhs just to get a 2004 Insight brochure from Honda (ordered off their web site) Sounds like they weren't even planning one to begin with.

______
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The Insight is probably the best selling aluminum bodied car in the world. Most of the others cost 80,000 dollars or more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts