Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
They got code U0110, but their notes do not reflect the troubleshooting steps in the service manual (pages 11-167 through 11-168 in the 2003-2004 Civic Hybrid service manual, 1st edition). Next, they are observing a blown fuse, but rather than diagnose it, they are going straight to replacing a computer. I don't understand this; as Peter pointed out, it could be something like fan drawing too much current. Or mice having eaten harness.

They do not positively identify which fuse is blowing. Which fuse (fuse number) is it and where is it located?

You can fix it. You will need a service manual, some tools, ideally a code reader capable of reading IMA codes, a place to work, and no hard deadline. You can buy the tools as you need them. The alternative is to find a good independent mechanic who is well respected (Yelp? + references) and enjoys puzzles, and pay them, keeping in mind that it may take hours just to troubleshoot and there may be several things that need to be fixed. Either is a far better option than junking, in my opinion.

Where are you located? I have a 2004 HCH. If you are really going to call the wrecker, then mine might want a twin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts