1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd steer clear of this one. I talked to this guy several times in the past (he's been trying to sell it for 4,500 bucks on CL here in Florida off and on for a very long while now), and I walked away from it before even driving over there to look at it after talking to him.

Canaveral is way closer than either Ft Myers or Ft Lauderdale to me, but I ended up traveling to both cities to buy Insights rather than look at this guy's because of the shady/half answers I was getting from him.

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
It's not a K20. It's a stock Insight engine with a turbo. Who knows what kind or how well it was done. No AFR gauge. Another hood ruined with a solar panel. There are a couple of IMA batteries in one of the pictures. It's not clear if there is one in the car. Many unknowns on this one.

Sam

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
If this is "JACKS BABY", I know the history.
I'll have to dig through my Turbocharged Insight thread for the details. If so, it was the second "turboed" Insight done. Modified here in Ca.
The owner now, is not the original owner. It was from Venice, Fla.

Willie
Found the post: JACKMPG was a member here at ICN for a long time. The info is at permalink #225 (2005) on the (Turbocharged Insight) thread via Google.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Sam and Willie. Got to read up on that car. The seller has some high dollar items for sale including a choice 53 Indian Chief (I had one I sold ten years ago for $40k). Seems like he's selling for no reserve. Interesting.
Gerald

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Iowa tags in one picture and Florida in an other, WTH? Never ceases to amaze me how people think they can sell a car with a 2 line description when sometimes I cant sell one with a 5 page essay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts