Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fun pic to share: I am working on the Toyota Highlander Hybrid Prolong Battery System installation photo shoot today:

If you know anyone who has one, please consider recommending our Prolong Battery Systems to them :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
*some disassembly required.

But seriously wow, I'm amazed how much of that car you have to pull apart.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
What exactly is the Prolong Battery System™?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
TRADE MARK REGISTERED!!!

Beats me, I thought those cels all came from the front and back door of the same factory? The back door being the ones sold online and the front door ones at a few vendors here. :confused:

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prolong Battery Systems™ consist of the Prolong Battery Charger (aka grid charger) and Prolong Battery Discharger products.

Our Trademark has already been filed but is not yet issued, so we can only use the ™ designation for now ;-)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Ah OK, how do the Prius style prismatic cells hold up under a trickle overcharge? I've heard they have a tendency to swell at the high end of their SOC.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah OK, how do the Prius style prismatic cells hold up under a trickle overcharge? I've heard they have a tendency to swell at the high end of their SOC.
At the higher current levels, they will swell. They do great with 350mA and proper cooling.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I was going to ask that too. It was my understanding the toyota bms is very user friendly to see pair voltages and other diagnostic stuff from the synergy screen and short of the pack discharging too low it was self healing so to speak.

Once it discharged too low you had to take it to the dealer and hope they have a charger to bring it up. Cars outside the US came with a charger mounted in the trunk to plug in to recover.

FYI, Jeff if you get into buddy packs this vehicle will do 40 mpg easily. Enginer made a phev kit for it, but you needed the 8 kilowatt one to get a few hours of use as it took a bit of power.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We just got an '09 HiHy as our dog hauler, so I'm bookmarking this right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts