Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda Insight Hybrid | eBay

Not mine but looks like a decent low miler that needs a tranny at a fair price. Auction says OBO so this could be a deal for someone especially if you live in the area. I suspect this will not make it till the end of the auction.

Gerald

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Calling Freezin4! It's your favorite, rarest color!

·
3,641 Posts
Yes! My theory is that it's the rarest US Insight. (I'm wrong all the time though :). I'd jump on it if I were in the position right now. That'll make a real nice deal for someone.

I have only seen two of these on the road (one of them yesterday!), and have only met three other owners at meetups.

Edit: the only issue with the tan Insight interior is that they dirty SO easy! Smoother material that the grey one, but attracts stains, spots, etc. Tan interior owners should be prepared to Scotchguard every six months. ;)

·
3,641 Posts
Going once...going twice...and sold to one lucky gentleman!!!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have bought this but I need cars sold not bought. Congrats to the buyer.
Gerald

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sold to me:)

Thanks.. Really like this color and low miles. Trying to figure out if I should drive it down as is. 8 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Marujo, it was in your own backyard! Man you should have nailed that BIN when you had the chance. It was gonna cost me another $1000 to have it transported to Indy. I swear he listed it for $3500 BIN and then dropped it to $3250. That, my friends, was a real buy. Now you have to sit and wait out all the other BS sales ads and auctions with dreamers trying to get $7k for 200k+ mi cars with problems. It was a deal of a lifetime. But anymore with these cars, those deals of a lifetime are coming weekly. There be another deal next week. Its a sale-a-rama on these cars with gas at $2.50. Congrats David, you just made some money on this car.
Gerald

PS Brent from Halo just told me there was a real buy on craigslist regarding a CVT in WI. Anyone hear about that deal? I never did and yes it is gone.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Gerald. Marujo will let you know when I fix it. Should have it fix in about 3 weeks. I have another 2000 5 speed in super great shape with oem cd changer and high lmpg. in the 60s. Just waiting on title. I should have a few cars come available this month for sale. As of now I only have that Citrus and 2 cars that need work. will sell those for $2500obo.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Keep me in mind for any that come up for sale. I'll PM you my phone and email. I'm looking for an M/T Insight as a daily driver up in Maine in the next month or so. I don't care about color or quality of the paint job too much, but would love to find one that's ahead of the game on corrosion because it will see Maine salt despite my best efforts to rinse it off. The Citrus is out of my price range and I don't want to subject a collectible finish to Maine winter driving anyway. I can't take one that needs work right now as our current daily driver appears to be nearing the end, despite a good career, and my time for tinkering in the short-term will be limited. Thanks, Colin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts