Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ready to sell. $3700 here, putting on CL for $4k.

About the car.Yes 95k original miles.
Automatic
AC runs cold
Interior is in excellent condition
New 12v battery.
Skirts are in great shape.
Battery replaced at 65k, comes with a grid charger. I rebalance every 3 months or so. IMA is in solid shape.
I am the 4th owner
Clean title
Ca registration up to date

I want to sell my Insight. I bought this for $5k 2.5 years ago. Asking $3.7k here to reflect recent money put into the car to get it in great shape.

I will take BTC or ETH!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few people have asked to see the dealership diagnostic. Posting here for all to see. I am thinking of calling a private shop to take care of the Idle Air Control Valve, clean or replace. Maybe have them look at it. If I do, I would just want to tack on the costs to the price.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,857 Posts
While I agree with minor, you should expect some repair costs with cars. The items identified are not unexpected with old cars. Still, I'd have Scott look at it. It's entirely possible he will save you some money and the whole community considers him totally honest:)

You could spread the repairs out, doing the most aggravating one first. You can also inspect belts and mounts yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I found an awesome mechanic (A and H Repair) over in Kearney Mesa. The owner seems super legit and diagnosed all the same stuff the dealership did and is working to do the fixes at a fraction of the price. The work is being done today and tomorrow, and should be less than $1G. I will post everyone on how it runs after that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An update on the trials and tribulations of this insight. Tony at A&H is an excellent mechanic, and he worked his magic. He went through the car, cleaned the idle air control/throttle body, valve adjustment, new spark plugs, oil change, air filters, and this thing is running smooth again. If it holds for the next 60 miles it will always hold. He thinks moisture got into the IAC as it sat for 9 months. The first ~25
miles and it ran really smooth, idle start is super smooth, and acceleration was like when i first got it. Check out the mileage i got on a trip that i was not trying to feather it, almost 7 mpg better than what i usually get. I think i can get it to 55-57 mpg if i drive it right. I am going to run up to 60 miles, smog it, and still sell it. Let me know if anyone is interested, i will simply tack the repairs onto the original price, which will put this 95k insight at right around $2500. Only if it goes to a good home from here, otherwise ill throw it on CL for $3-$4k and take my chances.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, time for an update. The Insight is running great, and passed smog with flying colors. I cleaned it up just a little and attached are more pictures. I am considering taking to a paint shop to address some clear coat burn on roof and hood. If I do, will just tack onto the price. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, I found all the documentation, including the original sticker and inspection sheet (in japanese!). Kind of cool. IMA documentation shows
a replacement in 2016 at 60k.

·
Super Moderator
738 Posts
<Dons moderator hat>

Good evening.

It would seem $1500 is no longer reflective of your asking price. Would you be able to update that number so it is less confusing for others?

Best of luck,
Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator

Update: After over two days of no response from the OP, I have updated the original post with this note:

Mod Note: This For-Sale listing is out of date and does not currently reflect the state of the vehicle being offered for sale. The seller has been making improvement to the vehicle and as such, the $1500 price the seller originally advertised is no longer accurate.

Thank you,
Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sold, $3800 off CL. Thanks all! If you see Kurt O from LA come online, he bought this beautiful car and will be preserving it goign forward!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts