Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at the Insight service manual and was looking for any changes related to the 2006 model. To my suprise, I noticed that the entire fuel system is new for the 2006 model. Most of the system is the same from 2000 thru 2005 with some minor changes. The 2006 appears to have a new tank shape, an entirely new evaporative emission system and new fuel lines. My hope is that if Honda spent the money to redesign the fuel system, maybe they would like to spread their redesign costs out over a few extra model years---like 2007, 2008, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Nice observation. Could they be doing something for E85? Honda is not going to say. They have to hold their cards close to the chest when playing against Toyota in the hybrid game. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with the previous ability to overfill the tank and fuel getting into the evap control system? JoeS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought the Insight was being discontinued this year, but will come back in 2009 completely redesigned? Personally, I can see them going with a sparse cabin (no door panels, dashboard, etc.) and better aerodynamics and battery technology. The CRX body frame was a compromise along with external mirrors, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts