Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought a 2006 Insight from a dealer. When the car was initially inspected, the low beam lights did not work. When the mechanic looked at it, they did. The lights worked the night we bought it. Today they are not working again. None of the low beams do, the blinkers do and the high beams do.

The threads that I have looked at with a similar issue all dealt with older cars that had a recall. The recall was not on this year of car.

I'm assuming that this is a similar issue, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Do you have OEM driving lights (high beams always on half power, little "DRL" indicator on instrument panel, they go on when you release the emergency brake)? If so, the DRL module on some Hondas, including the Insight, has been known to have issues - bad solder joints. I had similar problems one time and had to open up the DRL module (by left foot, behind kick panel), and had to redo some solder joints... Fixed the problem...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Had the same problem this past summer. The low beam relay had popped out of the socket and was found underneath the seat. It's held in only by friction. You'll find the relay at the driver side kick panel. Grey relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts