Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a keen environmentalist i have been more concerned about the gas guzzlers that we drive. I even tried switching to public transport till Honda came up with this truly eco-friendly vehicle. The 2010 Honda Insight is four-door Hybrid sedan at an affordable price than its competitors providing excellent fuel economy, seamless hybrid powertrain and a most pleasant driving experience. The Insight comes equipped with Honda's Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid system, a 1.3-liter iVTEC engine that produces 88 horsepower and 88 pound-feet of torque. The Insight also is equipped with an electric motor that can propel the Insight up to 30 mph without the gas engine's help. All these fuel efficient features result in a stunning 40 MPG city and 43 MPG highway. The Insight boasts stylish interiors, full power accessories, advanced safety features such as antilock brakes, front-seat side airbags and side curtain airbags. The ECON button gives the driver a set-it-and-forget-it mode for wringing more mpg out of Honda's hybrid system. I feel much comfortable driving in from Monrovia to our office in Los Angeles than before, just a small eco friendly bit for our planet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
New Owner Impressions

After debating all year I picked up a used 2010 LX two days ago. I was going to wait for the 2011 improved suspension model but glad I didn't. I saved a lot of money.
All I can say is WOW! who were all these lame car reviewers that talked crap about this model?. I picked it up in Massachusetts at 43mpg displayed and by the time I arrived home in Connecticut I was at 60.1 displayed mpg, and that was mostly at 65 to 70 mph on the highway. The car rides great and comfortably. I like the interactive driving display. Maybe I am just one of the few that drives by anticipation and watching ahead (not with a cell phone in my face while drafting the car 4 feet in front of me) because this car aids and improves my driving style. Thanks Honda!, for building this car.
The comment about all electric driving in the above post I don't think is correct. But it's still a great car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts