Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing some of the more routine maintenance on my insight myself. I used to do a lot of the work on my vw jetta tdi. That being said I have been looking at the service intervals on the car and the maintenance minder codes. My car is saying that my cvt fluid should be changed and the car has 54k miles on it. The book says it should be able to go till 90k. I tend to think i should believe the maintenance minder because i assume that it takes driving conditions into consideration.
I haven't had a car with a cvt transmission or even auto transmission in over 10 years. I assume that when changing the cvt fluid it is best practice to also change the filter (like with nearly any other fluid i have changed out that involves moving metal parts). Is this a correct assumption? I am having a heck of a time finding a place to buy the cvt fluid filter assuming there is one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i plan to play it safe and just use stuff that is oem honda. I have an extended powertain warranty from honda for 100k miles.

Any idea where online i can buy a cvt filter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts