Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to change the oil in my Insight for the first time, I couldn’t get the drain plug off. I tried everything I could think of. I’ve got an impala that I drove before I got my Insight, so I know how to change the oil. I’m about 65 miles over due for an oil change and I’ve got to make 100 mile trip in an hour, so I don’t really have time to try and get it off today, I’ll have to do it tomorrow as long as it isn’t raining. But do you guys think it would be okay to make a 100 mile trip a little overdue on oil? Oh I did replace the oil filter, I was hoping to release suction or something, but it didn’t work. Thanks!
-Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
622 Posts
Youll b fine ... i assume the oil thats in there is the synthetic or green oil 0w20 ... its pretty robust oil ... im amazed how clean my oil looks after 10k miles
As for the troublesome drain plug, use a breaker bar over the wrench ... dont worry about destroying it ... theyre cheap and so are the washers and u wont ,mess up the threads so long as the increased pressure is even and in the general plane of the threads

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youll b fine ... i assume the oil thats in there is the synthetic or green oil 0w20 ... its pretty robust oil ... im amazed how clean my oil looks after 10k miles

As for the troublesome drain plug, use a breaker bar over the wrench ... dont worry about destroying it ... theyre cheap and so are the washers and u wont ,mess up the threads so long as the increased pressure is even and in the general plane of the threads

Thanks for the hasty reply, I feel like they used something like an impact gun to put it back on. I even tried sticking the ratchet on there and using a foot to break it loose but that didn’t work either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the hasty reply, I feel like they used something like an impact gun to put it back on. I even tried sticking the ratchet on there and using a foot to break it loose but that didn’t work either.

I picked it up from a dealership for 6000 they didn’t say that they changed the oil, but they didn’t say they didn’t either. I picked it up the moment it rolled out of inspection. So I assume they changed it. I feel like they would have went by the book since it was a dealership then again, who knows

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts