Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Found an official statement regarding this issue:

The Situation:
Honda and Acura cars as old as 2004 and equipped with navigation are showing incorrect date and time settings. Date often shows January 1, 2002 (or another month and day in 2002) and time is stuck and cannot be adjusted.

The Cause:
Honda’s head unit receives a GPS signal for date and time including a number representing a week, coded in binary. These digits count from 0-1024 and rollover to 0 after the completion of week 1024. Honda’s head unit supplier did not code their head units to account for the rollover and, on January 1, 2022, reverted to a date and time 1024 weeks in the past.

The Solution:
Honda is aware of the issue and says it will self correct sometime in August.
This happened in the past, and Honda’s solution then was to mail out update discs. It took several months.
It’s not clear if Honda will produce update discs or allow for a self-correction.
Honda are not playing fair - surely they could sort a software update out - glad I’ve a retrofit pioneer unit

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Same issue here, 2010 Insight, original owner. Thanks for all the helpful comments. I’ll keep checking this thread and wait for Honda to send me info. Until August…I’m back in 2002 LOL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So glad I found this forum....having the same issue. REALLY do not want to wait for August to get back from 2002...

·
Registered
1 Posts

So glad I found this forum....having the same issue. REALLY do not want to wait for August to get back from 2002...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys
I am having the same issue since a couple of days when I had to jumpstart my car. Before everything was perfect and amazing, I forgot turn of the ceiling light for 3 days and battery was flat. I did jumpstart I had to use my sat nav code and everything seemed okay. Yesterday I saw the clock was showing the different time rather than the real time. I tried to set it up and I did set the time but again when I switched off the car and started again the time was again displaying the wrong.
I think Hondas should resolve the issue. If anyone from Honda know how to fix the problem please do let us know.
Thanks
I had the same situation, I didn't drive my Fit for about 2 weeks, the battery didn't die but I did have to jump start it (didn't need to enter the Nav code). Another thing that also happen around the same time, was my transmission had a very rough gear shifting for a day. Took it to the dealer and they could not reproduce the issue nor found a code in the car's computer. Now I live in fear that my tranny is going to fall out while I'm driving on the freeway! (just kidding about the tranny falling out) Any body out there experiencing transmission problem from the beginning of the 2022? I have a Honda 2010 Fit Sport.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts