Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
The warranty is a Platinum Level Compass Protection Plan. They have awful reviews online. Hoping my experience is different.

There were no symptoms before the lights came on either.

The car drives like a non-hybrid now. Autostop doesn't engage. There's no resistance when coasting. The ride is a lot smoother. Braking feels normal.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Keep us posted. And do share your experience with the warranty company with the sales manager at the Honda dealer you bought from. How chicken **** of them to sell you (and charge the premium for) a Certified used Honda and not offer Honda Care. Depending on how your warranty claim goes, I might be yelling in the sales floor myself.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Did you test the 12V battery?

·
Registered
201 Posts
12V battery was tested, came back with code for low voltage & stuck motor in ABS modulator, battery was replaced, warning lights were reset, everything lit back up and ABS code remained. Tech ran diagnostics for stuck motor, reset warning lights, no luck.

Warranty company is sending someone to check it out for themselves sometime this week. Honda is going to loan me an Odyssey or Civic.

Fingers crossed. There's no way I'm forking out $1400 for a new modulator. There's several ones on ebay from salvage yards.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,112 Posts
Have you contacted "ERIC" in your area about the problem.
I think he works on the G2.

HTH
WIllie

·
Registered
201 Posts
Compass covered the ABS modulator and the diagnostics. I just have to pay my deductible and the cost of a new 12v battery. Picking the car up shortly! As much as I enjoyed my 2016 Civic loaner, I'm looking forward to being back in my own ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Started my car up yesterday and got warning lights for Check Brake System, Check ABS, and Check VSA. Jumped the car, but that didn't seem to help.

Car is at Honda right now. I'll update when I have details.
What happened to the car? All those lights came in for me this morning and im trying to figure it out

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I think newscast pretty clearly reported exactly what happened.

For you, you need to start by having the battery under the hood tested. If it is over 3 years old, just replace it. Then have the check engine light reset and see what happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What happened to the car? All those lights came in for me this morning and im trying to figure it out
Same thing happened to me. Got the 12v battery tested and they said it was fine. Brought it to Honda, they couldn't communicate with ABS Module so couldn't diagnose but said it was most likely the ABS Module.

I bought a cheap ($5!) ABS unit with the exact same model number from a Russian car parts company and it fixed the issue. I saw that the solder on the board in the ABS module is a weak spot so could potentially be fixed

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
I saw that the solder on the board in the ABS module is a weak spot so could potentially be fixed
Can you post good quality pictures of this please.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you post good quality pictures of this please.
I saw this on a Insight owners facebook group about a year ago so don't have any photos. I just replaced the module and pump on mine.

It was similar to below with 2 (I think) solder points cracked and corroded. Pretty sure the ABS module is not designed to be repaired but someone who can repair boards may be able to take a look

21 - 32 of 32 Posts