Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2010 ex yesterday and while driving down the interstate on an incline at speeds of about 70 to 75 the car gets up to about four sometimes four and a half RPMs is this normal with a gas / electric car I've never owned one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got my 2010 ex yesterday and while driving down the interstate on an incline at speeds of about 70 to 75 the car gets up to about four sometimes four and a half RPMs is this normal with a gas / electric car I've never owned one?
Yep..
It's a normal behavior of an CVT transmission.
You have to get used to It....

Inviato dal mio Mi A2 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep..
It's a normal behavior of an CVT transmission.
You have to get used to It....

I have a service code A13 to change oil rotate tires and change my transmission fluid. How do I clear the service light after I do all of this I'm going to do it all tomorrow at home.

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
I have a service code A13 to change oil rotate tires and change my transmission fluid. How do I clear the service light after I do all of this I'm going to do it all tomorrow at home.
That should be covered in your Owner's Manual. If you don't have one, there are some fairly reasonable on eBay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try this:

Press and hold the sel/reset button(it's behind the steeringwheel), and then turn the Key(without starting the engine) to II position...wait a few seconds, and You should see on the display the reset option.
This works for the Cvtf service reminder.
Let us know if works

·
Registered
17 Posts
as for the 4000-4500 RPM range; it all depends on your throttle position, the % of incline (or decline), winds (head winds on a level road can create drag like doing up hill), tire pressure, and a few other factors ; but cutting back on throttle, increasing throttle over time you'll learn how it reacts under various loads. Use of A/C will of course change that and if you aren't using the 'ECO' setting it will change the CVT behaviour to be more aggressive / "sporty". Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts