Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a used 2010 Insight with 166000 km.
Honestly, i am disappointed in car so far as i thought it would be a lot more fuel efficient and also, the car is not that powerful. I have to drive slow and very careful in order to reach the 40 mpg mark, otherwise, i am doing almost same as my older car, which was a Honda FIT.

I tried looking online for any plugin conversion or any mods available for insight, to make it more fuel efficient but was not able to find anything, which is sad as i found so many things for the prius.

Can someone please guide me to any existing good mods available for the 2010 honda insight? Not looking for physical mods or anything for looks. I am looking for mods to make it more fuel efficient and more economical and plugin if i can.

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
I recently got a used 2010 Insight with 166000 km.
Honestly, i am disappointed in car so far as i thought it would be a lot more fuel efficient and also, the car is not that powerful. I have to drive slow and very careful in order to reach the 40 mpg mark, otherwise, i am doing almost same as my older car, which was a Honda FIT.

I tried looking online for any plugin conversion or any mods available for insight, to make it more fuel efficient but was not able to find anything, which is sad as i found so many things for the prius.

Can someone please guide me to any existing good mods available for the 2010 honda insight? Not looking for physical mods or anything for looks. I am looking for mods to make it more fuel efficient and more economical and plugin if i can.

Thanks
There are no simple mods to drastically increase the mpg without changing how you drive. i get around 40mpg in the winter not driving slow at all so i'm not sure why you're doing so poorly... are you sure the battery is working as it should, if not then you're running on a gasoline motor with no electric motor supporting your acceleration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts