Honda Insight Forum banner

2010 Insight Rear Window Trim Problem - Check your cars and report back!

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Brian1 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 EX w/Nav. I love the car. Last night as I was walking past the car in the garage, I noticed something inside the car, drooping down from the top of the rear hatchback window. I opened the rear hatch and found that the black rubber trim strip that's inside the car, and runs along the top edge (and down both sides) of the rear window was detached right at the top center of the window. It was actually hanging down about an inch from where it was supposed to be, along 5 inches or so of the top edge of the rear window. I simply tucked it back in where it was supposed to be and it seemed to set in place. I checked it again today, and noticed that it had about 1/8" of movement since I seated it last night. I took it to the dealer to have them check it and was told that sometimes these trim pieces come in that way when the cars are unloaded from the car carrier, and they just tuck them back in. They said if I had a problem, they would take care of it - however they also said that they didn't have any mechanics that specialize in interior trim work. So, do I want just any guy gluing this back in place or should I just get some weather strip adhesive and do it myself? Has anyone else noticed this in their 2010 Insights? Any recommendations on a good, permanent fix? Thanks!

#5 ·
I notice mine was a bit loose the other day when I was washing the window. I just tucked it back in. I will have to keep an eye on it and see what happens in the future. I think I would find a different dealer to take my car to if they gave me the answer that they gave you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.