Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to outfit my 2010 insight with a roof rack for kayaks, etc., but am having a lot of trouble finding the parts needed! Is anyone selling a Yakima or Thule roof rack, or even just parts of one (i.e. the Q99 clips for the Yakima Q tower system, or the baseline towers for the Thule Baseline system)? You would think this wouldn't be quite so difficult! TIA

·
Super Moderator
8,902 Posts
Yea, you are going to need a roof rack with those two large dogs.

It sounds like you already have the racks in hand. Have you tried their sites? Sometimes vendors do carry individual parts.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm attempting to outfit my 2010 insight with a roof rack for kayaks, etc., but am having a lot of trouble finding the parts needed! Is anyone selling a Yakima or Thule roof rack, or even just parts of one (i.e. the Q99 clips for the Yakima Q tower system, or the baseline towers for the Thule Baseline system)? You would think this wouldn't be quite so difficult! TIA
I found that most of the parts for the Yakima QTower system can be acquired pretty inexpensively. It's only available used now. Your local Craigslist will probably have them available regularly and much cheaper than eBay. The one thing to note is that the Q99 clips are very expensive and we need 4 of them for the 2010-14 Insight. They seem to run about $80 for a pair on eBay. Other than that, the Q system is great and very durable. I had one for 20 years that I used with multiple cars and never had any issues. Here's the full specs on these for our car:

TOWER: Q Towers (Set of Four)
FRONT CLIP: Q99 Clip - 2
REAR CLIP: Q99 Clip - 2
CROSSBAR: Small (48") RoundBar Pair (2 CrossBars)
FAIRING: 46" WindShield - not necessary but helps cut down on noise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, you are going to need a roof rack with those two large dogs.

It sounds like you already have the racks in hand. Have you tried their sites? Sometimes vendors do carry individual parts.:)
They get to go in the car ;)

The Q clips have been discontinued for a number of years, and Q99 specifically are very hard to come by!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that most of the parts for the Yakima QTower system can be acquired pretty inexpensively. It's only available used now. Your local Craigslist will probably have them available regularly and much cheaper than eBay. The one thing to note is that the Q99 clips are very expensive and we need 4 of them for the 2010-14 Insight. They seem to run about $80 for a pair on eBay. Other than that, the Q system is great and very durable. I had one for 20 years that I used with multiple cars and never had any issues. Here's the full specs on these for our car:

TOWER: Q Towers (Set of Four)
FRONT CLIP: Q99 Clip - 2
REAR CLIP: Q99 Clip - 2
CROSSBAR: Small (48") RoundBar Pair (2 CrossBars)
FAIRING: 46" WindShield - not necessary but helps cut down on noise
Thanks so much for the full specs, this is great info! I've gotten conflicting information on whether the 48" bars work or not, so this is helpful. I acquired a full system from a friend, but it has Q44s, and finding the Q99s has been the real challenge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts