Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost at the 200 thousand km mark.

I was looking at spark plugs options and noticed many options like in link below:
2010 HONDA INSIGHT Spark Plug Parts

Any idea which would be the best option and when is it usually recommended to change the spark plugs?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been searching and it seems that NGK as of last year came out with the Iridium RX Ruthenium series. The replacement for stock 12290-RBJ-003 (DILFR6F11G) or Denso's VFKH20 from the NGK's Iridium RX Ruthenium is LFR6AXR-11P. Slightly pricier but check out the specifications for its service interval: 100,000km + 20%.

If anyone has used the Denso VFKH20 or the LFR6AXR-11P, kindly comment. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Money is the only disadvantage? Buy from a dealer at a more expensive price.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Hot Desert, you are technically right, there is only one NGK model of plug that is right for out Insights. You can search for that part number online, there is no reason to get them through a dealer. Just be aware that, because they are so expensive, there are fakes out there. So a killer deal on Ebay may not be such a good idea.

Also, like I think I have told you, several of us have waited without issue. The plugs that came out of my wife's 2010 Insight at 130k were perfectly good and changing them made no difference in fuel economy or how the engine ran.
You may read about fouled plugs around here, but that is because the 2012-2013 (maybe into 2014 as well) have piston rings that leak oil into the combustion chamber. there is a warranty extension on those cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi how to know if my car has this leak in chamber problem instead of a faulty old spark plugs? Appreciate a speedy reply, Thank you

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Contact your local Honda dealer and he can run your Vin. number for that malfunction.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If anyone has used the Denso VFKH20 or the LFR6AXR-11P, kindly comment. Thanks.
VFKH20 discontinued due to new technology.
In the spring I set spark plugs DENSO IKH20TT when adjusting the valves, mileage was 100K kilometers. Old NGK in the photo.
Together with the replacement of the fuel filter is now consumption is 20.2 kilometers per liter.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
gms24ru
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing