Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing of tires, but i've heard recommendations for this tire on several forums.

the problem is all the vehicles discussed were 2012 or better.

will Yokohama AVID Touring-S 185/60R15 84T fit on my 2010 insight?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, i didnt want to order a fairly recommended tire and then not have it fit on my car

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
The early 2010 used a 175/65r15. They went a tad wider for the later ones in 20120 185/60r15. Me, I wanted slightly taller so I went with a 185/65r15.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Not sure where the OP drives. If you use the Avid Touring S in snow it's just a OK tire, so be aware of that. Otherwise its an excellent tire, though not a listed as a Low Rolling Resistance tire.

If you can, you should look at the Yokohama Avid Ascend for your Insight. It's also a very durable tire that does extremely well in the rain and decent in snow. The good thing about the Ascend is that it will allow you to get better fuel mileage. Our 2011 Prius came with a set of Yokohama Avid Ascends and they lasted 54,000 miles. They wore very evenly and I only rotated them every 10,000 miles. I couldn't say anything bad about those tires, although I thought they would probably wear out a lot sooner and would not perform well. I was completely wrong on both those thoughts. Turned out to be an excellent tire.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I believe the yoko low rolling resistance tire is referred to as an orange tire or they use orange oil to make it or something strange like that.

Yeah, I like both tires mentioned and agree with the comments.

·
Registered
831 Posts
After they're all used up, if you freeze 'em, they taste just like an Orange popsicle!:)

Here's part of the description of the tire on TireRack...

Yokohama BluEarth branding is used to identify an ecologically friendly series of tires that are designed to deliver environmentally, human and socially friendly solutions for drivers and their vehicles.

Orange Oil technology uses oil extracted from renewable orange peels to improve the molecular bond between natural and synthetic rubber to enhance tire treadlife, vehicle fuel efficiency and traction in all seasons.

They are identified as a Low Rolling Resistance Tires.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
The price of oranges just went up.

Willie

·
Registered
831 Posts
Only the Orange Peels went up in price.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Anyone else love the orange smell of the mechanics soap gojo? I wished when I squealed rubber it smelled like oranges vs rubber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts