Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’m getting my radio looked at in the morning that was installed last week. It’s having a few issues. Can someone tell me where to find the VSS wire (location and color) on my 2010 Honda Insight please? Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
VSS wire? What's that? Why do folks trying to get actual information on the internet use acronyms. Did they not use a wiring harness adapter?

Here is an older thread that might help:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s vehicle speed sensor. Sorry for the acronym. I didn’t install it. I just know that my radio is giving me an error saying the VSS needs to be hooked up for wireless car play to work. It’s a new JVC. Any help on the location of this colored wire would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The deal with a Honda is that each model level will have a specific wiring harness. So, unless you have an EX with Navigation, there won't be a readily available speed sensor wire. There is a speed sensor, you will just have to run your own wiring. I'm pretty sure there is a thread here with an electrical troubleshooting manual that is downloadable. That will have wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"The deal with a Honda is that each model level will have a specific wiring harness. So, unless you have an EX with Navigation, there won't be a readily available speed sensor wire."
Didn't even know that. Thanks for the heads up, egads!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts