Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 insight was running fine and then stalled out. Now it will not start. plugs have been changed. Will run on shots of ether, so fuel issue? Fuel pump is getting voltage and has pressure at outlet. I am new to Gen 2 insights and would appreciate ant help or ideas of what to look at next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100k. Not sure on codes. Fuel is green. Not sure how that happened, but it is green like a crayon. Today I am going to pump out all of the gas and replace it with fresh.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Did you fill it with gas shortly before it stalled?

Sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think so. Stepdaughters car. The only explanation I can think of is sabotage. Dealer said it needed a fuel pump. I pulled the fuel line at the rail and cranked the motor. Fuel pump working.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Hmmm. Is Diesel green? Does it smell like Diesel?

Sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it did not smell like diesel sam. I did solve the issue. removed fuel pump. cleaned tank out completely. added a can of seafoam and 5 gallons of fresh gas. it started up and ran rough for the 1st 5 minutes. now it runs great. guess it was just bad gas. had some paper towels soaked in the stuff and it would barely burn in the firepit. p.s. dealer wanted 1500 to replace plugs and fuel pump.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Wow. I'm glad it came out well! Thanks for the closure.

Sam

Reactions: Garrydhu
1 - 8 of 8 Posts