Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one two weeks ago. 87k miles, $6300, no known mechanical issues. $6853 after tax, title fee, etc. This one had the second lowest price I found and it had the lowest miles of the ones I found after a couple weeks of searching.

There's some cosmetic damage on the front bumper cover. I think the previous owner hit a curb or something, the bumper cover is damaged on the bottom on the passenger side. There's also a ding in the dark grey part in the middle, but I'm not worried about that. I have the missing rubber piece that went down there, but one of the tabs is damaged.

Back looks fine. Interior (no pics) is pretty clean, I did some extra polishing of certain things myself.

Assist works fine, charge works fine, and I can get ev-mode.

I already replaced the dome light with an LED grid (same one catawalks recommends for the G1) and I replaced the light in the trunk with a 5smd LED bulb.

Also replaced the wipers. Was going to replace the oil, but the car says oil life is at 90%. Will replace CVT fluid soon. What's the exact part number for the 2010 CVT fluid? I saw a couple threads on the subject, but none of them definitively answered the question.

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Congratulations, Natalya! I'm sure you won't be able to leave it alone, so it'll be great to have an active G2 person on here to answer the G2 questions we get. Most of the guys who used to answer seem to have faded away.

I just walked into our local dealer for 4 qts of CVT fluid. I expected it to cost more, but I was in the mood to change it that day. Nope. $7.65/qt. No point in ordering it online. I told them it was a G1, but it didn't seem to matter. She just walked back and got it off the shelf, like there was only one choice. The part number is 08200-9006. There are also filters on the G2, which I would change on an unknown car. The main one is external, which should be easy. The "strainer" is inside the pan, and, I think, less important and harder to get to than the inline one.

Enjoy your new limo and keep us posted on how it works for you.

Sam

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this:

27750-P4V-000 FILTER, SECONDARY BODY
This is the first filter right?

Also found:

25420-RBL-003 STRAINER ASSY. (ATF)
That's from the same diagram. It looks like the in-pan filter my automatic transmission Mustang has. Is that the second filter?

Diagram:
AT VALVE BODY for 2010 Honda INSIGHT

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Look at #12 here: RADIATOR HOSE - RESERVE TANK for 2010 Honda INSIGHT 25430-PLR-003 FILTER (ATF)

My G1 had something like this, a paper filter, but it was inside the pan. It also had the "strainer", also inside the pan. My strainer looked clean. It looks like the small stuff is caught by the inline filter, which is cheaper and easier to change.

But I have never even sat in a G2, so check anything I say very carefully! Maybe a G2 guy will chime in.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
That's what I did. The car has about 90,000 miles on it and the filters probably have never been changed. Now they have and I feel good about it. I shouldn't worry about this for a very long time.

Sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Natalya,
I just bought what looks like the same car 4 days ago. Both the oil and the CVT fluid has just been changed. So, I'm good for now but I will read up on doing this myself. I just joined this forum to learn about the Insight.
Thanks again,
Chris

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Picked up a pair?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts