Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Proud new owner of a 2011 EX with Nav, picked it up down in Phoenix which sits at about 1300 feet MSL. Drive back home 264 miles...250 miles up hill across 9300 feet and downhill for last 14 miles to my home elevation of 7055 MSL. Did the trip well but do have to hammer it hard on some of the steepest grades. Overall 43.1 hand calculated which is about 2 mpg less than the onboard computer wanted me to believe. All in all not bad. Have since filled up in home town and done my usual commute which is from 7000 to 9300 and end back at 6900 feet on the other side. Return back home same route which total covers 112 miles and am showing 55.4. Will complete the tankful and see where we sit calculating by hand. Really pleased considering at high altitude and cold weather is already here with early morning temps 18-24 or so for my commute. I do baby her and try to stay at about 52-55 mph and utilize a bit of preemptive acceleration as i begin ascending the mountain.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Congrats on your new car, please add your location to your profile so we all have an idea where you are driving at those altitudes.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Sorry about that, it is complete now. Up high in the White Mountains of Arizona.
Hey there fellow AZ owner, I need to take a drive up some Saturday and let's have lunch and check out each others cars!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cobb, we actually run into that quite a bit in my line of work with people who drive up from the valley @ 1500 feet and cant understand why they can no longer breath. As they say, you can't fix stupid. Generally though any reasonable healthy person without significant cardiac or pulmonary problems won't encounter real problems below 12,000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing