Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new! I did a search before starting this thread, but only saw one comment indicating that maybe the 2011 EX uses just one four-digit code for both radio and navi. We bought it with 2000 miles on it, from a dealer--it had been a demo. One security code card came with it, showing only a navigation serial number and code. I'm concerned that if there was a second card, it got lost (some things did).

Honda's site says that "newer models" may use just one code instead of separate audio and navi codes. Could someone who owns a 2011 EX with navi, please confirm?

Thank you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2010 EX/Nav and it only came with one code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks! I did call the toll-free Honda number, and checked with them too. I got two different answers--long story short, there is another five-digit code for the serial number of our Nav unit (so two codes, one 4-digit that was on the card and a 5-digit that Customer Service could see in their system). But, they said that other code won't be needed. They confirm that the unit only needs the one 4-digit code. I'm keeping that 5-digit code just in case they're wrong, but it's good to know that Customer Service is very helpful if we do ever have problems.

The one interesting thing that I learned by reading through all the retrieval info on the owners.honda.com site, is that you can't retrieve this unit's serial number on the display, like you could with other types of radios. So it's important to keep track of the serial number in case you need to call them for code numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts