Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
$50.00!! At dealership? Really? Rip Off

Another good video for the DIY bunch. This little job is easy.

Can we make a Maintenance Sticky for these? DIY saves money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah... it was a last minute purchase, so that's why I went with WIX. Next time I'll be ordering it online, its a lot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I just bring the filter into walmart or some other auto store and size it up with the cabin filters on the counter and pick one. Sometimes I get just a filter, other times the arm n hammer odor one.

So, NutzAboutBolts, do you own an insight or are you a honda mechanic or a mechanic in general? Typically people who posts links to external sites and nothing else are spammers and we are feeling you out. We do offer paid ads if you own a shop and specialize in service to hybrid vehicles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bring the filter into walmart or some other auto store and size it up with the cabin filters on the counter and pick one. Sometimes I get just a filter, other times the arm n hammer odor one.

So, NutzAboutBolts, do you own an insight or are you a honda mechanic or a mechanic in general? Typically people who posts links to external sites and nothing else are spammers and we are feeling you out. We do offer paid ads if you own a shop and specialize in service to hybrid vehicles.
I do own an insight, and we are mechanics. We work on every types of vehicles but we mainly work on our own vehicles and post our videos on YouTube. If it's wrong to post in this forum then I can stop. I'm not a spammer because we own those videos and since most of the write ups on here are words, I rarely seen videos so maybe it would be easier for others to watch a video than to read it. Also we don't own a shop, we do everything in our garage at home.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
The biggest mystery so far seems to be the blinker relay. Where is it? Is it replaceable by the user? I tried to track it and it sounds like its behind the tach. The manual says its made into the fuse block near the drivers door and drivers knee. Im too big, fat n tall to even get in under the dash to check it out. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The biggest mystery so far seems to be the blinker relay. Where is it? Is it replaceable by the user? I tried to track it and it sounds like its behind the tach. The manual says its made into the fuse block near the drivers door and drivers knee. Im too big, fat n tall to even get in under the dash to check it out. :mad:
I believe all relays are in the fuse box, there's one in your engine bay and one in the driver side kick panel. I'll have to check it out to make sure it's there or not. If you got a PDF file of the relay, I can check it out as well, or I can try to find it online. You can replace the relays yourself, you just need to pull it out of the fuse box and buy a new one from the dealer or have it special ordered from the auto store.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Cobb, these maintenance videos should probably be moved down to Modifications and Technical Discussions.
Perhaps as Stickies with the other how to threads. As posts in the general section they will soon be on page 2 and dropping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts